Strange Anomaly -- PLM or ISY?

riceman

Hello all --

I am sporadically encountering a scenario where an Insteon Motion Sensor that normally should only trigger a program that turns on two Lamplincs and and 1 Swichlinc and then turn them off after 5 minutes is turning on ALL INSTEON DEVICES IN MY HOUSE!!! I've had an ISY-99 for the last few years and just upgraded to an ISY-994i about 2 months ago (using same PLM - a 2413S purchased in Oct 2012) and the anomaly has occurred with both ISYs. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for it to occur and usually only happens no more than once a month. This is a heavily used motion sensor that is triggered dozens of times a day since it is in a laundry room that connects the house and garage. I have looked at the ISY log entries around the time it occurs. The log only shows the motion sensor being triggered and the devices that are supposed to be turned on by the associated program -- but no record of all of the other insteon devices in the house being turned on. Also looked at the ISY error log, but no entries around the time the anomaly occurs. This leads me to believe it might be some issue with the PLM, but I don't understand what could cause it to be occurring in the sporadic manner that it does.

Anybody ever hear of something similar to this occurring and what if anything can be done to fix/prevent?

Thanks,

Dave

Archived