Signal Analyzer

Any have suggestions for signal analyzers for Insteon? I saw the Smartlabs Insteon Diagnostic Keypad but that seems marginally useful.

My primary goal is to identify and filter out noise. I'd like to measure noise and identify the specific sources and all measure the impact of filters that I add. I realize that X10 and Insteon are different powerline frequencies, but are the X10 analyzers still useful for dealing with noise? I was looking at the units from Monterey and Advanced Control Technologies. Feedback on those specific products would be helpful.

Thanks.

Any have suggestions for signal analyzers for Insteon? I saw the Smartlabs Insteon Diagnostic Keypad but that seems marginally useful.

My primary goal is to identify and filter out noise. I'd like to measure noise and identify the specific sources and all measure the impact of filters that I add. I realize that X10 and Insteon are different powerline frequencies, but are the X10 analyzers still useful for dealing with noise? I was looking at the units from Monterey and Advanced Control Technologies. Feedback on those specific products would be helpful.

Thanks.

A scope would be the best analyzer you could hope for. ELA and others have been able to determine lots of useful information and relay that to the Insteon membership.

I would probably reach out to IndyMike and ELA and ask them if there is a *value* scope meter that could assist you in this endeavor.

Teken . . .

A scope would be the best analyzer you could hope for. ELA and others have been able to determine lots of useful information and relay that to the Insteon membership.

I would probably reach out to IndyMike and ELA and ask them if there is a *value* scope meter that could assist you in this endeavor.

Teken . . .

Thanks for the tip. I was provided the link to the thread where ELA discussed his efforts and results working with his scope and a modified PLM. I read through a good portion of it.

A scope requires a bit more learning to interpret the results than I'm willing to invest.

I discovered the primary offender in my house.

It was a multi-function laser jet printer. It was a significant signal suck when idle and when running apparently was also spewing noise. My worst performing device went from 85% success pings to better than 99%.

Archived