sunrise program question

62vetteefp

I have the following program and want to revise it so on Sat, Sun it comes on at 8:00. However I do not want it to come on if 8:00 is after sunrise. How do I do this?

If

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

From 5:50:00AM

To Sunrise (same day)

Or On Sat, Sun

To Sunrise (same day)

Then

Set '24.82.CB.1 Library glass' On

Set '24.7A.16.1 outside driveway' On

Set '24.7B.39.1 outside front cans' On

Else

Set '24.82.CB.1 Library glass' Off

Set '24.7A.16.1 outside driveway' Off

Set '24.7B.39.1 outside front cans' Off

Turns on and then off library/driveway/front outside can lights in the morning

Have you tried the simple approach of:

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

To Sunrise (same day)

Or On Sat, Sun

From 8:00:00AM

To Sunrise (same day)

I must admit that I am unsure what happens with a program when the FROM time is after the TO time. Perhaps you could create a temprary program as an experiment to find out?

From

A couple of minutes from now

To A minute from now

Then

Else

Then watch the program status as the times pass. If the program stays FALSE, you are golden with the suggested simple approach.

I believe that a program like that where the "to" time ends up being after the "from" time simply doesn't run at all (doesn't trigger). So neither a "then" or "else" will execute.

Edit: Oops. I meant to say "from" time is after "to" time. But the fact that it doesn't trigger is correct. Unless you have some other condition, the program doesn't trigger. And if you have another condition, the time clause will be "false"

Interesting - I would have expected a slightly different behavior. Since in other place it has been stated that the program triggers at the from and to times and since the condition is false in this case I would have expected that the program would trigger but the condition would be false and hence the else would run. This is yet more evidence for the need to clarify triggers versus conditionals from the other thread that is running.

Interesting - I would have expected a slightly different behavior. Since in other place it has been stated that the program triggers at the from and to times and since the condition is false in this case I would have expected that the program would trigger but the condition would be false and hence the else would run. This is yet more evidence for the need to clarify triggers versus conditionals from the other thread that is running.

The fact that a from time and to time that are backwards causes both times to be non-trigger events demonstrates that ISY is capable of ignoring triggers in certain situations. It would be great if one of those situations was by putting a disable/enable checkbox next to any clause that can be a trigger.

This was how I would have guessed as well, but this would have also been fine for this application. Of course, there would have been a couple of extra (and unnecessary) OFF commands transmitted, but I suspect this would have been unnoticed.

I got thinking and doubting myself on this one. I began to wonder if I forgot to enable the programme when I ran the tests so I re-ran the test ensuring that the enable was on.

It functioned the same with NO triggers of Then or Else occurring, and the programme remained False the whole time, when the From/To times were crossed.

Archived