DSC alarm and I/O linc

SteveT

I would like to connect an I/o linc to my DSC system to monitor whether or not it's alarmed or disarmed, and take action based on that status.

Has anyone successfully done this, and if so, where have you connected and with what additional h/w (relay), etc.

Thank you

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know if DSC systems have that feature, but my honeywell panel has two trigger output that can be programmed to be on (12V output) in certain situations. Using relays and inputs on a EZIO2x4 I am actually able to tell if the system is armed, disarmed or in alarm. I am also using the relay outputs on the EZIO2x4 to simulate quick arm button presses on an auxiliary keypad so I can remotely arm the system.

It really works great. I hope you can do the same on a DSC system because I found it was the best way to link my alarm system to my ISY without spending too much.

For $125 you could buy an EVL3 and Raspberry Pi and install DSCLink.

Then you can have full control of your system from the ISY and the cloud.

Same thing can be done with the Honeywell.

But that would require an always on computer which I didn't want to have.

I had evaluated the EVL-3, following their forums during a couple months. I found that their interface was lacking some polishing and that it had to go through the cloud for control, which is something I hate. Since I want to keep things local and that their TPI didn't seem that great for honeywell devices, I didn't go with it.

Plus my solution is somewhat more secure as their is absolutely no way to disarm the system from outside since I only put relays on the quick arm buttons. This way if somebody hacks my internet connection and finds my isy, he won't be able to disarm the system. I know it is not necessarily a big plus but...

But that would require an always on computer which I didn't want to have.

I had evaluated the EVL-3, following their forums during a couple months. I found that their interface was lacking some polishing and that it had to go through the cloud for control, which is something I hate.Plus my solution is somewhat more secure as their is absolutely no way to disarm the system from outside since I only put relays on the quick arm buttons.

With the raspberry pi, you don't need another computer (more accurately, it IS the other computer). You could run io_guys DSCLink program on it. It communicates with the EVL-3 locally and allows the ISY to learn the status of the alarm.

You are correct about the outside access vulnerability with the EVL-3, but for those of us with a DSC system and an EVL-3, it's a great way to integrate the DSC into the ISY. Not only can you develop logic around the alarm status, but also zone status as well. I have integrated all my DSC motion zones into my ISY lighting programs so that I can turn on lights based on where someone is expected to be walking. Lighting a path, so to speak.

I also run the DSCLink to go between my RaspberryPI and Envisalink. I added 1 extra software piece, so I could allow multiple connections to the Envisalink.

It allows multiple connections, and runs a web server that you can easily access via smartphone.

This can also be done with DSCLink since version 1.1.4. There is a repeater option in the config to send all DSC alarm data though the relay server.

I also run the DSCLink to go between my RaspberryPI and Envisalink. I added 1 extra software piece, so I could allow multiple connections to the Envisalink.

It allows multiple connections, and runs a web server that you can easily access via smartphone.

This can also be done with DSCLink since version 1.1.4. There is a repeater option in the config to send all DSC alarm data though the relay server.

I know, but this program gives status and control. I can arm/disarm directly from it, see when sensors tripped/untripped, etc.

Archived