ISY 994i PRO/IR and Togglelinc

Bxsteez

I'm having huge communication issues with my ISY and Togglelinc. I thought the reason was because of noise from computer and tv so I purchased a Filterlinc thinking that would correct the issues but it didn't. I can control the lights but I can not get its status. I'm not sure what is going.

Can anyone provide some advice?

4 tap set test? I haven't heard of this. Let me google it and try that.

There is nothing else on the circuit that doesn't go through the filter. Everything is connected to a surge protector and then connected to the filter.

All my other insteon devices are wireless and they all work.

[EDIT]

I did the 4 tap test and realized the togglelinc isn't dual band so it wouldn't respond anyway right?

That is correct, the ToggleLinc is powerline only which is why coupling is necessary. If the PLM is on one 120v leg and the ToggleLinc is on the other coupling is necessary for the ToggleLinc to talk to the PLM. With all the other devices being wireless they cannot couple. I suggest a pair of Access Points.

In theory yes, in practice no. Appliances that run on 240V will couple intermittently when they are On. A good continuous couple is needed. Also with poor communication messages can flow in one direction but not well in the other. If the ToggleLinc is on the same 120v leg it does not need coupling but having all Insteon devices on same 120V leg as the PLM is all but impossible. The idea is to have a good Insteon Mesh Network established so devices with comm problems can be looked at as a location/position problem.

If the ToggleLinc has ‘good’ communication in one direction but does not signal state changes then the link database in the device or the PLM should be looked at as a link between the ToggleLinc and the PLM is necessary for the PLM to see a state change at the device.

Working last night means the link records are fine. Link records do not come and go. An Insteon Network does come and go. Nothing has been described as installed to accomplish coupling for example. An appliance such as an electric dryer, a furnace, and others that run on 240V provide temporary coupling when they are running. There can be other forms of interference that come and go as loads come and go.

To look at a device link table right click on primary node, select Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table with a Compare after the display completes. The PLM link table is displayed with Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Links Table. However, I take it working last night means the links are there.

Yea that was my thought. I thought the access point just allowed for powerline signals from one 120 leg to be transmitted via RF to the PLM? Is that not accurate?

Are you saying I need the access point with phase coupler? I didn't even see that one before I only saw the range extender.

Archived