MobiLinc (iOS) version 4.0

InsteonNut

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've entered the information numerous times in the camera setup. Twice I got a picture on the RTSP setup screen, and it asked info want to confirm pan/tilt settings. I hit yes, it starts thinking again, and then nothing but black screens on all the setup pages and/or cannot find IP profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I request an option to change the color of the text, per item? In the settings we can change red/green for ON/OFF as a whole, but not individually.

For example, I display the smoke bridge as 2 icons (fire and CO). The off is always red. Id like it to be green just for those 2 items. I changed the OFF to read CLEAR. And for sake of quickly glancing and knowing everything is ok...Id like it to be green. Red font makes it seem like something is wrong!

Hi KHouse,

Thanks for the feedback. While possible to implement, it would take quite a bit a work to do instead of the global option we have now. I don't disagree that this would be a nice feature to have, but we have to weigh this against other features that we think would benefit more users. Just to set your expectations on this, I have this on our feature request list, but is set to low priority.

Wes

Thanks Wes. Hopefully we can spark enough interest and get it higher on that priority list. ;) To me it would seem like a given to be able to edit this as needed for your personal home automation display needs, but I understand the resource constraints to incorporate each feature. Would it be difficult to default to a black font option leaving the global option you have it now? Meaning instead of green/red for on/off...it could be black font?

• 2 weeks later...

Wes, where should I report issues with the newest version?

The voice commands for "X percent" are being completely ignored.

If I say "Set Bed Lamp to fifty percent" or "Bed Lamp fifty percent" or any string with the command to set to a percentage, it simply toggles between off and on. Same happens if I prepend the percentage, "fifty percent Bed Lamp", it just toggles between off and on.

"Dim" and "Brighten" do work, but the devices I've tried are fully dimmable by percentage, if manually entered.

Hi Traditore,

It's supported, just give your MorningLinc a vocal name and speak it to toggle.

TheSidewinder,

If you can't get percentages to work, here's the troubleshooting steps:

- If you are using a VoicePrompt, make sure to first speak the VoicePrompt before issuing your command.

- If your device is called "Bed Lamp", say, "Set Bed Lamp to fifty percent".

- Clarity with numbers is a must, but just use a normal speaking cadence. No need to over pronounce it. I've tested speaking as fast as I possible can, and as long as the speech is clear, the voice engine will process it.

- The word "percent" or "degrees" is required at the end of the number to tell MobiLinc to engage the number vocal processor.

- The device must be dimmable. (You've already verified this with dim/brighten commands).

If MobiLinc is just issuing a toggle, then that would indicate that it's not able to align what was said to numbers. If you have a lot of vocal names, send me a screenshot or a series of screenshots of your vocal names from the Settings->Vocal Control page to support@mobilinc.com and I'll see if there's names in there that might be getting in the way of a number recognition. Or, you can look at well. Look for anything that sounds like a spoken number.

Wes

Saying "lock" / "unlock" or "turn on" / "turn off"?

If you set the voice name of your door to "Front Door" then simply say "Front Door"

It's a toggle, you don't have tell it what action to take.

-Xathros

I agree. But just saying the name of the device is kinda lame. Not much WAF here, unless you can actually speak a command that makes sense.

Yes yes, MorningLinc is dumb, as there is no 2-way feedback status-wise, but still...

Traditore,

Yes, there are some issues with the MorningLinc and 2-way status we wish were different. We're looking into ways to make it so that you can say "Lock" and it'll always Lock or attempt to Lock. There are several considerations that we have to make namely, no two-way status to rely on, plus there are two nodes in the ISY for each MorningLinc. MobiLinc will need to be smart enough to figure out when you say "Lock" which node you have the voice command attached to and if Lock means ON or OFF for that node.

On initial impression it seems do-able, but we hadn't gone to these depths of support yet since the MorningLinc is such a unique device and doesn't match the behavior of a traditional SwitchLinc for example.

Wes

Wes,

Before I dig in further and start making changes (and wasting your time).... my voice control is set for Scenes, not individual Devices. Is that the issue?

Because the Bed Lamp SCENE has no percentage control, only Brighten/Dim. The actual Bed Lamp DEVICE has percent control.

(My Bed Lamp scene consists of an Insteon LED bulb and a button for each of my two my RemoteLink2's.)

Wes,

Yes, that was the issue.

As soon as I removed the voice command from the scene, and configured the actual device with the same name, percentages work fine now.

You may wish to clarify that on the documentation page you linked previously in this topic, as I don't believe it makes this clear.

I realize this is more of an ISY issue than a Mobilinc issue, but every little bit of documentation helps. :)

Thanks TheSidewinder,

I've updated the website and the Voice announcement here with an updated NOTE under the scene description area.

"**NOTE: Scenes will not respond to specific percentage commands. You can dim/brighten a scene, but due to how INSTEON scenes behave, it's not currently possible to define or set a scene percentage."

Wes

Wes,

Yes, that was the issue.

As soon as I removed the voice command from the scene, and configured the actual device with the same name, percentages work fine now.

You may wish to clarify that on the documentation page you linked previously in this topic, as I don't believe it makes this clear.

I realize this is more of an ISY issue than a Mobilinc issue, but every little bit of documentation helps. :)

This maybe self explanatory but as a workaround for the scene dimming, if there is one scene you always use then you could just setup multiple scenes in the ISY with prefixed levels you want. You could also do a "if light switch X in the scene is at this level set scene to this level" in the ISY. Just a suggestion. I had the same question/issue as well.

Hi Traditore,

FYI: We've submitted 4.00.08 to Apple for approval. In this update we added better support for door locks. If your lock's vocal name is "Front Door" you can say:

"Lock my Front Door"

"Unlock my Front Door"

"Front Door lock"

"Front Door unlock"

Works with the MorningLinc and Z-Wave door locks.

I'll post back here once we receive approval.

Wes

Wes,

There is a bug in this release. When the MobiLinc is enabled with Auto Start On Launch it disables the video from the iPhone. It also screws up my Bluetooth connection to my vehicle.

Essentially the vehicles touch screen is completely frozen and locked out. It also does not allow the user to kill the application by double tapping to bring it up?

Teken . . .

Teken,

Let's walk through each one of the claims, as I need more information:

When the MobiLinc is enabled with Auto Start On Launch it disables the video from the iPhone.

I'm not sure I follow. What video from the iPhone is disabled?

It also screws up my Bluetooth connection to my vehicle.

With the mic on, MobiLinc and the voice library we use will attempt to make the iPhone's environment conducive to voice control. That means that if a bluetooth connection can be made to a headset type device it will make that connection.

Are you saying that the quality of the connection is scrambled or simply that a connection is made where MobiLinc is now providing sound and mic inputs are coming from your car's bluetooth headset?

Essentially the vehicles touch screen is completely frozen and locked out.

I have no idea how an app running on an iOS device could impact the behavior of a car's touchscreen. The only possible connection here is bluetooth for audio. Why that would impact your touchscreen, seems unrelated. If the in-vehicle doesn't do well with bluetooth connections, I'd unpair that connection from the iPhone.

It also does not allow the user to kill the application by double tapping to bring it up?

No app can control or dictate if it can be killed by the user. There must be something else at play here.

Wes

Archived