MobiLinc (iOS) version 4.0

InsteonNut

In the iPhone when you launch the camera. There are four possible options which are video, photo, square, pano. When your App is set to auto launch the video option is removed.

With your App set to auto start on launch, double clicking the home button does not list the MobiLinc App as an option to kill. Other Apps appear and can be turned off.

I believe because your App was in this state when it linked to my vehicles Bluetooth interface it took priority in the system and would not allow me to change any of the menu, including the power button.

Teken . . .

I suspect the video problem is due to the fact that ML has the Mic open and the Video camera would normally want the mic. The same can be seen when on a phone call or with Voice recorder, background the phone app and go to the camera app - no video. Since ML has control of the Mic, iOS is hiding the video option. This makes sense to me.

I cannot recreate the second issue. ML is listed and killable via the double home task list.

-Xathros

Teken,

In the iPhone when you launch the camera. There are four possible options which are video, photo, square, pano. When your App is set to auto launch the video option is removed.

Yes, this is expected, but to be clear, this is only true if the mic is on. It has nothing to do with the Auto-start on launch option. Whenever an app is using the mic (MobiLinc or another 3rd party), the camera app won't be able to record video because the mic is being used by another application.

With your App set to auto start on launch, double clicking the home button does not list the MobiLinc App as an option to kill. Other Apps appear and can be turned off.

I just tried this myself to be 100% sure. I can kill MobiLinc with the mic on or off or any setting enabled or disabled. I really have no idea why your device wouldn't show MobiLinc as running. Maybe try rebooting your iPhone? iOS should, in every case, list MobiLinc as running if you left MobiLinc running in the background.

I believe because your App was in this state when it linked to my vehicles Bluetooth interface it took priority in the system and would not allow me to change any of the menu, including the power button.

I'm guessing that this is a function of how the vehicle's system reacts to a bluetooth connected device.

Wes

Hi Traditore,

FYI: We've submitted 4.00.08 to Apple for approval. In this update we added better support for door locks. If your lock's vocal name is "Front Door" you can say:

"Lock my Front Door"

"Unlock my Front Door"

"Front Door lock"

"Front Door unlock"

Works with the MorningLinc and Z-Wave door locks.

I'll post back here once we receive approval.

Wes

Great news! Can't wait to try it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

4.00.10 is now available from the App Store:

What's New:

- Added camera options for the Local and Away IP's and ports. MobiLinc will auto-determine which IP is the best path to take based on cell, Wi-Fi, and reachability.

- IP Cameras on the iPhone: If you turn the single camera view on the iPhone to landscape, the IP Camera stream will fill the screen.

- Added Voice Control option to enable/disable Bluetooth input.

Bug Fixes:

- On startup, MobiLinc will attempt to recover lost IP Cameras from a previous bug where the IP camera(s) appeared to disappear after a profile was renamed. MobiLinc will present options to restore the camera(s) to another profile or to simply delete these restored cameras.

- Fixed a bug where the cameras would appear to be "lost" if the Profile was renamed.

- Fixed a bug with ISY auto-discovery if using a direct IP connection.

- Fixed a bug with the audio chart and energy chart stack layout.

- Fixed a bug that caused background music to stop playing when opening MobiLinc.

- Several stability fixes with Voice Control and overall operation on iOS 7.1

- PTZ commands now honor the HTTPS setting for the camera.

- Fixed a bug where the iPhone camera collections wouldn't update properly when switching profiles.

- Fixed an iPhone startup password bug when the startup page was also set to a specific start page.

- Fixed a bug where renaming a Thermostat wouldn't notify the voice module of the new name.

- Auto-handles (ignores) ISY added "-" in the Thermostat name when calculating the voice name of the thermostat for voice control.

Wes

Wes, thanks for fixing Mobilinc to give us the ability to continue listening to music in the background when mobilinc is opened. I stream a lot of Pandora or Spotify via Airplay from my phone to my distributed audio in my home and every time I opened Mobilinc to switch on a light (without voice command) it stopped the app playing music. Much better now! Thanks.

Wes,

I only noticed one issue on 4.00.10.

Since I upgraded to 4.2.1, and had to wipe my Z-Wave items, my devices were renumbered.

I noticed that "ZW003_1" used to be a deadbolt, but when I re-did it, now it is a relay. MobiLinc recognizes it as a relay, according to the "type" field, but the status and controls are for a lock. I attached a screenshot.

It isn't a big deal, as lock/unlock still turns the device on/off.

post-5799-140474163889_thumb.png

Hi PurdueGuy,

Since the unique ID changed due to removing and adding back the ZWave devices, MobiLinc's internal DB no longer matches your ISY. You'll need to resync MobiLinc. Try Update Only first and then Download All if the Update Only option didn't fully work to rectify the new IDs.

Wes

Wes,

Out of the blue my Monilinc was synced with the ISY. Had to input the UN and PW again, synced, and my devices show...but my camera feed is gone (doesn't show any cameras) and I don't see the little tab to activate notifications on my devices (like a water sensor).

Any idea what might have happened and how I can select to get notifications again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi PurdueGuy,

Since the unique ID changed due to removing and adding back the ZWave devices, MobiLinc's internal DB no longer matches your ISY. You'll need to resync MobiLinc. Try Update Only first and then Download All if the Update Only option didn't fully work to rectify the new IDs.

Wes

I did the "Update only" previously, no joy.

If I do the "Download All" that wipes out my voice commands, dashboard settings, etc?

To update my question: This morning I tested the water leak sensor and got the MobiLinc alert. Just now I decided to test it again, no alert. Opened the app, watched as I hit the button on the sensor twice, the app showed the sensor go OFF and ON, so it does get the status updating but no notification? Any idea why?

KHouse,

Can you remove the notification and add it again and test again? Make sure you are logged into your MobiLinc Connect account to create new notifications. (Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type->MobiLinc Connect).

If that doesn't work, please send me your ISY's UUID to support@mobilinc.com.

huddadudda,

It's not possible to directly query scenes. MobiLinc calculates the scene status based on the devices and the scene definition for ON. This is not refreshable outside of refreshing each individual device in the scene.

PurdueGuy,

Yes, Download All is designed to start fresh. Another option is to keep MobiLinc open and actively connected to your ISY (don't let it sleep) and in the Admin Console delete and add back in each Z-Wave device. That way only your Z-Wave devices get removed/added back into MobiLinc and won't impact your INSTEON devices and their custom settings.

Wes

Thanks for the reply Wes. The setting was set to ISY, so I changed it to MobiLinc Connect, it said registration complete, now syncing with ISY...but just keeps reconnecting/disconnecting. Thoughts/help?!

Hi KHouse,

That likely means that your ISY isn't actually connected to our servers or able to retrieve the current date/time from the pool time server due to a DNS issue. To resolve please try one of the following:

- If your ISY is DHCP IP assigned (default) please reboot your network equipment including your router and modem, and then reboot your ISY. Wait 5 minutes and try MobiLinc again.

- If your ISY is fixed IP assigned, please use the Google Open DNS IP for the ISY's DNS IP address: 8.8.4.4

Wes

Thanks Wes. Going to try rebooting everything tonight. I've got some other DNS issues with the ISY and it's notifications. New and hopefully better router is on it's way, so we'll see. I'll update/ask if I have any more issues once the new setup is up and running.

Hi KHouse,

I know you are working on other issues, but if you by chance are setting notifications on Z-Wave devices using MobiLinc 4.00.10 and ISY firmware 4.2.1 or 4.2.2, there is a known incompatibility we just discovered where Z-Wave notifications will not work due to changes in the 4.2.1/4.2.2 firmware. We have this fixed in MobiLinc and are testing internally. We'll post an update to the App Store as soon as it's ready.

When you get the new app update, please delete your old Z-Wave notifications and recreate them using the updated MobiLinc version.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

MobiLinc 4.00.11 is now available in the App Store. For Z-Wave users, please pay special attention to the bolded update below:

What's New:

- [iPhone] Added support for HD or widescreen IP Cameras. Previously camera images were always resized to 4:3. Now MobiLinc displays the camera image at the native format of the source video feed (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, etc).

- Updated the IP Camera driver for better stability and faster image processing.

- Updated Z-Wave notifications to be compatible with ISY firmware 4.2.2. If you have existing Z-Wave notifications, please delete and recreate after upgrading to 4.2.2.

Bug Fixes:

- Updated Charting library (energy/sound) to address stability issues.

- Fixed bug related to IP Camera's disconnecting in the background and MobiLinc not notifying the user if Drop Notify had been requested.

- [iPhone] Fixed bug where the IP Camera landscape view could appear when not on the IP Camera page.

- [iPhone] Fixed bug with IP Cameras as the start page resulting in the "Edit" button for the camera not working as intended.

- Fixed a bug when running on the iPad and background audio shutting down on initial launch of MobiLinc.

Wes

Archived