ISY99i - can't launch admin console after Java update..

bwbeisne

ISY99i - can't launch admin console after Java update. I was going to upgrade to 4.0.5 and it said I needed to update Java first which I did. Now I cannot access my ISY except through the normal web server. When I launch the Admin console I first get a security warning saying the JAR file manifest does not contain the permissions attribute. On this screen I can check 'I accept this risk' and 'don't show again'. When I do this the ISY base Java page stops and says 'error. click for details.' This reads 'missing required permissions manifest attribute in main jar: my isyip/insteon.jar

I have tried to following to get back online with it:

-completely removed java, rebooted

-reinstalled java to current win64

-tried 'install admin console from web server'

I'm not familiar w Java at all and I'm not sure where to start with this. Any help would be great. Ty.

Add ISY-99 to exception list with Java 1.7.51+

With the advent of Java 1.7.51 and up, Java applets are now required to contain a manifest file. Those that don’t are now not allowed to run unless you make a security exception for the applet. UDI has released newer firmware (4.1.2) that includes a manifest file and meets the new requirements. The ISY-99 series is not receiving firmware updates after firmware 3.3.10 as it has run out of room for the larger code in the newer firmwares. If you have decided not to upgrade to the ISY-994 series controllers, you will need to work around the new Java requirements and add an exception for your ISY-99i. Here is how to make that exception.

MAC:

Open System Preferences and double click the Java icon.

In the Java preferences, click the security tab.

Click “Edit Site Listâ€

Click “Add†and enter the URL for your ISY.

Acknowledge the warning that this poses a security risk by clicking “Continueâ€

Click “OK†then “OK†and close the Java preferences window.

Windows:

Open the Windows Control Panel

Double click the Java control panel applet.

Click the Security tab

Click the “Edit Site List…†button.

Click the “Add†button and enter the URL for your ISY-99i series controller.

Click “OK†and close the Windows Control Panelâ€

This should get you back up and running until you can upgrade to an ISY-994 and the newer firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem since I updated Java, for now I am stuck with the ISY99. I tried the above procedure, but I don't have an "edit site list" button when I go into the Java console Security tab. Running Win7, Java SE 7 U51 10.51.2.13, firmware 3.3.10, any further suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT- I checked the Java version, it shows Version 7 Update 15 (build 1.7.0_15-b03). I tried to update the software and it said the latest version was already installed did I want to install it again!!?? I did clear the cache, including applications, rebooted computer.. didn't help.

EDIT2- I found I had to delete the old versions of Java before it would run the new version of Java. Once that was done I had the "edit site list" button and I made the changes and all is now working... thanks to all for the various posts I found via search.

Archived