I can't get into my isy99.

ingeborgdot

I have been out of the loop for such a long time now. I have been very busy and have had no real need to go into my isy. I decided today to do a little bit with my isy but I can't get in anymore. I can if I put the ip address but can't do it from my computer like I normally did to get into the admin console. It seems to be a java issue. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

Here are the instructions it tells me to follow

Windows:

Open the Windows Control Panel

Double click the Java control panel applet.

Click the Security tab

Click the “Edit Site List…†button.

Click the “Add†button and enter the URL for your ISY-99i series controller.

Click “OK†and close the Windows Control Panelâ€

But I don't see an edit site list. All I see is manage certificates. And when I go into that it has no add buttons. It has export, import, remove, and details. I don't know for sure now.

OK. We should probably start with an update to the latest Java 1.7.51 from Java.com

Then, follow those directions to add the ISY to the exception list.

Then:

Goto http://your.isy.ip.address/admin/admin.jnlp and save the resulting download to your downloads folder.

Go to your downloads folder and double click the admin.jnlp file that you just downloaded. This will recreate the desktop shortcut.

Double click the desktop Admin icon.

-Xathros

Not sure what the block is. I have access to my Admin with just the URL for the isy in the exception list and the slider set to the center setting. Are you getting an error message? what exactly happens when you double click the Admin icon on your desktop?

What Windows version?

-Xathros

Is the location shown the same as what you entered in the Exception list?

Try clearing the java cache (including applications) then go to the security tab in the java control panel, click manage certificates and remove any listed from Universal devices.

Then start again by double clicking the admin.jnlp file in your downloads to create a new desktop icon. Accept any certificate prompts along the way.

-Xathros

Archived