Unable to access Mobilinc outside the home network

ejh3

Good morning, All!

I recently noticed that I am unable to reach mobilinc outside my home network and can't for the life of me figure out why. I have a Dyndns.com account and that reflects the correct ip for my home network indicating that it has updated my ip change. I haven't made any changes to my setup, I did however get a new phone (iphone 5s) within the last 2 months. Again, I am able to use other devices (ipads) within my home network, I just can't get device status/send commands when I turn the wifi off and use cell service on my phone. The mobilinc settings on the phone has the correct dyns account settings/port numbers.

Any suggestions?

Ed

Have you verified that the port forwarding in your router is enabled and points to the ISY's local IP address?

-Xathros

I will def. double check when I get home, the only thing I could think of (after submitting this post) is there moght be a new device/camera that might be requesting port 443 like the Isy. I will check as soon as I get home!

Thanks for the response!

Ed

Can't heros,

Not sure what the issue was but I reset everything (no changes to ports forwarded) and we're up and running. I'm still scratching my head as to why it acted this way, I hope the issue doesn't arise again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will def. double check when I get home, the only thing I could think of (after submitting this post) is there moght be a new device/camera that might be requesting port 443 like the Isy. I will check as soon as I get home!

Thanks for the response!

Ed

That's one reason I never use the default ports. Then I have less chance of conflicts.

I chose a random external port to forward to port 443 on the ISY.

The I enter that random port in MobiLinc.

Archived