Program execution order question

drprm1

I'm not seeing why this never runs...I've tried many different ways...This is what I've been staring at recently. It doesn't run even though both climate expressions are true..?

If
       (
            Time is  9:15:00AM
         Or Time is  5:15:00PM
       )
   And (
            Module 'Climate' Temperature > 34 °F
        And Module 'Climate' Rain Today < 0.03 "
       )

Then
       Set 'Front Drip-Relay' On
       Wait  10 minutes 
       Set 'Front Drip-Relay' Off
       Wait  3 seconds
       Send Notification to 'Patrick E-mail' content 'Front Drip Off'

Else
       Set 'Front Drip-Relay' Off

Thanks!

Is it something to do with maybe the climate data being re-evaluated during the wait period?

I see where the last run/finish times are updated more frequently that my desired run times...

If I run the then statement it sets the relay on for about a minute then sets it off and never completes the then statement..

The Program is triggered at the two Times and anytime either of the two Climate values change. The If will be True only at exactly 9:15AM and exactly 5:15PM assuming the Climate values are also True. Perhaps you want to use a From/To Time range rather than two explicit Times. Would help to know what the program is trying to accomplish and when.

Trying to run the then statement at 9:15 am and 5:15 pm only if temp is above 34 and if there is less than .03" of rain for that day.

Wanting to run (have relay on ) for 10 min at these times then turn off.

Put the notification in only to see if complete.

The common solution is to split the Program into two Programs. Program 1 Then clause invokes Program 2. Program 2 contains the current Then clause statements. Even though Program 1 is triggered multiple times it would not affect the execution of Program 2.

Archived