Insteon Motion Sensor

Brian H

• 1 month later...

Hello ulrick65,

We still have not received them either. But, if you receive one, try adding it in as a SWL. The concept is the same and it should work.

With kind regards,

Michel

Any update on the Motion Sensors? I have several ordered for when they ship...but I guess they will not work with ISY yet?

Hi Brian,

Oh NO ... this is not good. Although we keep adding features in the 2.6 branch, but we've simply been waiting for the motion sensor before we release 2.7 officially.

I guess we would have to wait a few more days!

With kind regards,

Michel

I have two on order myself and will try them when I get them.

Expected ship date still shows this Friday 08/29/08.

Just recheck and the Date has changed to 09/19/2008. :cry:

I received an order update e-mail from Smarthome today that indicated a ship date for my earliest order of motion detectors to be 9/19/2008. I had decided to order two additional motion detectors a while (maybe a few weeks) later and that order update shows ship date as "Pending Manufacturer Feedback." Thus, I infer that those that ordered earlier will receive their motion detectors earlier than the availability date that is listed on the site currently.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a revised Back Order today. Slipped to 10/03/08 as my last was 09/18/08.

Got the same e-mail today for both of my orders. I think I'll keep the orders open. It has been so long since I ordered them that I've forgotten all of the really cool ideas I had for using them! I hope the ideas come back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, it looks like the release date has slipped again. I got this email today:

Dear Loyal INSTEON® Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the new INSTEON Motion Sensor (#2420M) which will now be shipping on Friday, 10/31/08.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I also saw that they where shipping. Also the Sales Page said that they expect to clear the backlog of preorders by 11/14/08.

Also a pleasant surprise for us SDK Members. In our code area they posted a pdf file on the Motion Sensor and its accessible features. :)

I received my first motion sensor today (FedEx delivered ahead of the expected date).

Looking forward to full support of it. I have a few more on order.

I could have sworn that I saw a post by someone who had a beta unit and had it functional with the ISY (though not sopporting all of its functions). Does anyone have a link to the post? I can't seem to find it with a search.

Thanks!

I received my first motion sensor today (FedEx delivered ahead of the expected date).

Looking forward to full support of it. I have a few more on order.

I could have sworn that I saw a post by someone who had a beta unit and had it functional with the ISY (though not sopporting all of its functions). Does anyone have a link to the post? I can't seem to find it with a search.

Thanks!

It was a post by MikeB and it is here: http://forum.universal- bevices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1655

I was looking forward to the insteon motion sensor at first but using X-10 motions to trigger through the ISY is working so well I now question if I even want to switch to the Insteon units. Can anybody highlight some of the reasons their new Insteon motion sensors are bettter than ActiveEye units? (Especially considering ActiveEyes cost less than $7 each on sale)

I guess it depends on how you use them. I have a couple of X10 motions with a WGL V572A X10 transceiver, and use them to trigger programs on my ISY.

Using the Insteon Motion Sensor with my ISY, even without direct linking, offers much quicker response than my X10. If you only need basic logic and can get away with direct links between devices, the response is even quicker - pretty much instantaneous.

I'm also seeing fantastic range between the Insteon Motion Sensor and AccessPoints - roughly equivelant to the RemoteLinc. My WGL V572A (with an antenna in the attic) offers great range as well, but standard X10 transceivers do not come close in my experience.

You're right, though - can't beat the price on those X10 motions. For me they are not as usable as the Insteon Motions Sensors, however. For example I tried an X10 motion to automatically turn on a closet light when the door was opened. The latency was annoying and my wife didn't really care for it. With the Insteon Motion Sensor it triggered far more instananeously and my wife loved it. However, I also use an X10 motion to trigger my driveway lights - for that, I found X10 worked fine.

Archived