Foscam Alarm and ISY Variable?

ferdies

I don't think the tinyurl 'solution' will work either. They all send 3xx redirects - and we have already established that the Foscam will not follow a redirect.

Really, either the ISY needs to be able to accept REST calls without a password (bad, bad idea!), or ISY needs to add an optional parameterized token authentication system (don't know if this is on the feature wish list for 5.x or not), or, frankly the best solution, the Foscam needs to be fixed to allow all RFC compliant URLs, which it currently does not.

This is a Foscam RFC non-compliance issue, not an ISY issue. However, its also a 'beta' feature of Foscams we are trying to figure out, so its not that surprising that Foscam have not fully implemented the feature yet.

I don't think the tinyurl 'solution' will work either. They all send 3xx redirects - and we have already established that the Foscam will not follow a redirect.

Really, either the ISY needs to be able to accept REST calls without a password (bad, bad idea!), or ISY needs to add an optional parameterized token authentication system (don't know if this is on the feature wish list for 5.x or not), or, frankly the best solution, the Foscam needs to be fixed to allow all RFC compliant URLs, which it currently does not.

This is a Foscam RFC non-compliance issue, not an ISY issue. However, its also a 'beta' feature of Foscams we are trying to figure out, so its not that surprising that Foscam have not fully implemented the feature yet.

I totally agree with everything you said.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived