Apple's next Big Thing?

ferdies

It's more likely a self proclaimed Wallstreet industry analyst who is manipulating the stock price ahead of WWDC. I would not be surprised if all the reports are linked to the same source.

Apple does not have the resources to enter the highly disparate and competitive HA hardware industry. At most Apple will roll out a public API for third parties to more tightly integrate their devices into iOS services ( iBeacons, Siri, GeoFence, etc. ).

Here is the key quote:

"Some may not even be manufactured by Apple. The company is hashing out a deal with other device makers whose products will be certified to work with Apple’s system and sold in its retail stores, the Financial Times said."

Basically this is what we have already. It is just that Apple is going to do some tweaking of some already existing products and re-brand them. There will I'm sure be advantages, but as is always the case with Apple, you play their way or no way.

Apple does not have the resources to enter the highly disparate and competitive HA hardware industry.
Isn't that similar to what they said before Apple entered the cell phone market?

Hmm... so I'd have to repaint my walls, because Apple will only be shipping devices in white?? :D And if they failed to turn on reliably, the fault would be mine for not "holding" my Apple switch correctly?? :D

Archived