FanLinc KeypadLinc scenes

hammr808

I'm having a strange issue I haven't seen before:

I have a Fanlinc v4.1 and a 6-butoon KeypadLinc v3.6. I'm using ISY994i and created scenes for fan speeds l, m, h, and off. However, when I use the KPL regardless of fan button I press (l, m, h) the fan turns on High. I believe it also happened to the Off button but I've since deleted the scenes and used programs as a work-around until I can get this figured out. If I used the On button in for the scene in ISY, say for the scene Low, it worked fine. Fan came on low. Same for all the speeds and off. But those same scenes all push the fan speed up to high when activated from the KPL. I tried deleting and recreating the scenes and even tried adding the KPL first and then tried again adding the Fanlinc first. I'm at a loss here. So, currently I am using programs to control the fan speeds. It works, but of course there is that one-second lag.

I'm wondering if it's the old KPL I'm using. I'm not sure what the current version is, but 3.6 is definitely not the newest.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

There would be 4 scenes. Each KPL button with 100% On Level is a Controller. Other KPL buttons with 0% On Level in the scene are Responders. FanLinc Fan is Responder in each Scene

SceneFanHigh

button A - 100% On Level

button B - 0 % On Level

button C - 0 % On Level

button D - 0 % On Level

FanLinc Fan - High On Level

SceneFanMed

button A - 0% On Level

button B - 100 % On Level

button C - 0 % On Level

button D - 0 % On Level

FanLinc Fan - Med On Level

SceneFanLow

button A - 0% On Level

button B - 0 % On Level

button C - 100 % On Level

button D - 0 % On Level

FanLinc Fan - Low On Level

SceneFanOff

button A - 0% On Level

button B - 0 % On Level

button C - 0 % On Level

button D - 100 % On Level

FanLinc Fan - Off On Level

To add to what LeeG said, once you create each scene, you need to go into that specific controller of the scene (it will be red).

Be sure you have the settings correct there too. You can click "Copy Scene Attributes from " to make sure.

Ugh, I don't believe it. I adjusted the scene in the scene settings but did not go into the controller settings and do the same. That was the problem. And every time I tested the scene through ISY it worked. And then every time I tested from the controller it didn't. Duh. Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a related question but I'll start a new thread for it. Thanks again.

Every Controller in a Scene can have a unique set of responder values. Setting the highest level Scene information applies to when the PLM is the Controller. Glad it is working.

Thanks PurdueGuy for adding the additional post. I should have included that in my post as that is a common problem.

Archived