Is 300 enough?

Amdac

So I'm new here and about to take the plunge. What I can't decide on is whether or not I need the pro model. My plan is to control all the lighting in my upcoming new house (15-20 dimmers) triggered by a motion sensor in each room and hallway (all insteon), which will double as a security system at night. I also plan to add a few z-wave devices such as a door lock, siren, thermostat, and garage door sensor, with more down the road as I discover new things. I'm not 100% sure what that means in terms of programs and stuff. I do have a bit of a programming background so I plan on having some fun once I get going. I've been researching the crap out of this, but without playing around with a controller I'm not 100% positive how many programs/scenes I'd likely need.

Based on this, is the non-pro model likely enough for me or should I just play it safe and get the pro model? For those of you with a similar setup, how close are you to the 300 cap?

If you decide to go with the non Pro model.

Pro can be added with a firmware purchase. No hardware changes are needed.

There is a chart of differences between the model on this page.

https://www.universal-devices.com/resid ... 4i-series/

There are a few other differences. Like the ability to delay impending writes to devices so you can do one at a time and security levels.

Thanks for the response. Further investigation is pushing me towards full z-wave, not that it makes a difference for this question. :D

I didn't even notice the security differences. I guess I'll just go straight for the pro model.

Archived