MobiLinc (Android) version 2.0.0 is Now Available!

InsteonNut

tellefson5623,

We'll likely need to connect to your ISY to see what's happening that's specific to your environment.

Please send us your external IP, port, and a username/password or your MobiLinc Connect account information to support@mobilinc.com and we'll quickly connect to your ISY to see why MobiLinc isn't displaying status. Please do not post these details publicly.

Wes

I just noticed the update today. It isn't working at all for me - MobiLinc crashes whenever I try to perform an action (on / off / bright / dim, etc) on a device. I've uninstalled and re-installed the application and still get the same results. MobiLinc re-syncs with the ISY just fine, all the devices and programs appear and seem to be correct... they just don't work.

Did you review the previous posts? Like the one that said:

My disabling of LastPass auto fill for MobiLinc got undone with the upgrade for some reason.

If you use LastPass, make sure you set MobiLinc in LastPass to 'Do not show fill window' again.....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'd skimmed the previous posts but failed to study them all carefully enough.

That was my problem and disabling LastPass took care of it.

Wanted to mention that I got a reply from MobiLinc support almost immediately after sending them an email. They nailed the problem right away as well. Public "thank you" and apology for not looking more carefully for a solution.

So the MobiLinc Android user base is large enough to justify a UI overhaul, but not big enough to justify Elk integration..? Well, color me perplexed... :?

Honestly, I'm liking the new release. The interface is indeed an improvement both in appearance and usability, and after putting it through its paces for a few days I have no issues to report.

But (again...) the lack of Elk integration for Android continues to be a huge hole in MobiLinc for me and many others...

Another cosmetic suggestion.

Going into the temperature pages the first one slides across in a high-tech style, following the screen finger gesture, but any further pages do not follow the finger gesture motion and fades in with a mentally disruptive zoom in. (I can't sleep! :lol: ) It would be a nice look if sequential and previous temperature gadget pages followed the motion of the swiping finger gesture like the first one does in and out of the home page for a consistent and smoother operation look.

Thanks!!!

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who noticed that, larryllix! I agree, it affects me more than I think it should. More of a spasm-inducing flash thana zoom! As I have 6 thermostats it gets nasty scrolling to the one I want.

On another note, I'd really like to see "top menu" as an option for startup screen in the Mobilinc options.

Hi Wes

Just checking back on this issue. Want to make sure it is not issue on my part.

thanks

Thanks saninberg,

I suspect what's happening is the Z-Wave door sensors are being reported to MobiLinc as a type MobiLinc doesn't recognize. I've reached out to UDI for more info.

Wes          

Hi Folks,

We released 2.0.1 to address a couple of immediate issues with the 2.0.0 release:

What's New:
- Fixed the tablet landscape thermostat UI issue.
- Added protection to prevent the third party app, LastPass, from crashing MobiLinc.
- Added in a Table Lamp icon.
- Other bug fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

So the MobiLinc Android user base is large enough to justify a UI overhaul, but not big enough to justify Elk integration..? Well, color me perplexed... :?

Honestly, I'm liking the new release. The interface is indeed an improvement both in appearance and usability, and after putting it through its paces for a few days I have no issues to report.

But (again...) the lack of Elk integration for Android continues to be a huge hole in MobiLinc for me and many others...

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi arw01,

Would you email us at support@mobilinc.com with what you've tried? As far as we are aware, there are no known issues with connectivity and 2.0.1. Common troubleshooting methods are:

- Reboot your Android device.

- Double-check and verify IP's/ports in MobiLinc, your router (if port forwarding), and your ISY.

- Verify you can reach your ISY through Admin Console locally and remotely (if port forwarding) from a PC/MAC

- If using a custom SSL cert (and not MobiLinc Connect), use bit strength of 512-1024 for the key.

Wes 

Hi Junky,

Can you clarify "full featured Android version"? MobiLinc for Android supports the majority of ISY features (devices/scenes/programs/energy/weather).

FYI: We released 2.0.2 last night to add in support for the new weather data. Variable support is next on our list.

Wes

Wes,

To make it 'full featured' to me, it means you have to add variables, Elk, cameras and a tablet optimized UI - all of which I have and have used when I used IOS devices regularly.

Glad to hear variables are on their way, but what about the other non-platform specific differences?

Michael.

Archived