Can't login to ISY-26

ctviggen1

I haven't used my ISY-26 in a while, and I couldn't login. So, I reset the ISY-26 by unscrewing the case and hitting the "reset" button. I did this twice, once while the ISY was not powered and once when it was powered. I held down the reset button for several seconds.

Regardless, I get the same error as before -- I can get to the "Authenticate My Lighting" screen, enter "admin" (or "ADMIN") for both the User ID and password, and the screen goes away.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

ctviggen,

It seems you have an older version of the firmware. Please try:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

For your reference, unplugging/plugging ISY back in has the same effect as pressing the reset button.

With kind regards,

Michel

I haven't used my ISY-26 in a while, and I couldn't login. So, I reset the ISY-26 by unscrewing the case and hitting the "reset" button. I did this twice, once while the ISY was not powered and once when it was powered. I held down the reset button for several seconds.

Regardless, I get the same error as before -- I can get to the "Authenticate My Lighting" screen, enter "admin" (or "ADMIN") for both the User ID and password, and the screen goes away.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello Doug,

Thanks so very much for the update. This is rather odd since I use Firefox as well. Now that you have it working with IE, would you be kind enough to try it again with Firefox?

With kind regards,

Michel

I had the same symptoms as described above with a refurb ISY 26 I just received.

I tracked down the problem to be that Firefox 3.0.1 did not recognize the Java plug in. I changed my default browser to Microsoft Internet Explorer and all worked OK.

I downloaded Java from the UD site and a newer version from SUN. When I go to Control Panel / Java I see that I have multiple versions installed and activated on the target windows PC. I have read that it is OK to have multiple versions installed.

I am convinced my problem is with Firefox / Java interaction (actually lack of it).

I use Firefox as my primary browser so I will continue to investigate and post a solution once I find it.

Regards,

Doug

ctviggen,

It seems you have an older version of the firmware. Please try:

For your reference, unplugging/plugging ISY back in has the same effect as pressing the reset button.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I tried this using both Opera and Internet Explorer, each time with the same result -- after I try to logon with "admin" for username and "admin" for password, the program terminates (i.e., all windows are closed and the program disappears).

Would you happen to have another suggestion?

Thank you.

OK, I uninstalled my spyware program and turned off my virus program. I still get the same results -- trying to login to the ISY kills the entire web browser.

Is there an additional step I can take?

I'd really like to fix this, because the ISY still has some programming left in it, but the clock isn't set correctly. So, my lights come on at odd times, like at 4am instead of in the evening.

ctviggen,

I am so very sorry to hear this and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Are you on Vista? If so, please:

1. Go to C:\Users\Your-Account-Name\AppData\LocalLow

2. Delete all occurrences of udi_frame.state and udi_tree.state

If this solves the problem, then you are on a backlevel firmware and should - at the least - upgrade to the latest official release.

Please do let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

OK, I uninstalled my spyware program and turned off my virus program. I still get the same results -- trying to login to the ISY kills the entire web browser.

Is there an additional step I can take?

I'd really like to fix this, because the ISY still has some programming left in it, but the clock isn't set correctly. So, my lights come on at odd times, like at 4am instead of in the evening.

• 2 weeks later...
ctviggen,

I am so very sorry to hear this and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Are you on Vista? If so, please:

1. Go to C:\Users\Your-Account-Name\AppData\LocalLow

2. Delete all occurrences of udi_frame.state and udi_tree.state

If this solves the problem, then you are on a backlevel firmware and should - at the least - upgrade to the latest official release.

Please do let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I am on Windows XP. Verson 5.1, build 2600.xpsp.080413-211:service pack 3.

Currently, I get an error: XMLError then something about parsing nodes. The program crashes, then I can restart and attempt to login (whereupon it crashes again). I get a message to update the software, but I can't login to do so.

I only get the error once, each time after I've restarted my computer. After that, I get a login screen, but I can't login. I do see my program behind the login screen.

You had previously helped me debug this. One time, when I was waiting for the wife to come home, I sent you some output files, and then you modified your program to cover the error that was occurring. After that, my ISY worked fine for a while, then I took some time off programming and went to get back in and can no longer get in.

Hello ctviggen,

Please do be kind enough to try:

Also, if you have not already done so, I do recommend upgrading to 2.6.7 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1613 )

With kind regards,

Michel

I only get the error once, each time after I've restarted my computer. After that, I get a login screen, but I can't login. I do see my program behind the login screen.

You had previously helped me debug this. One time, when I was waiting for the wife to come home, I sent you some output files, and then you modified your program to cover the error that was occurring. After that, my ISY worked fine for a while, then I took some time off programming and went to get back in and can no longer get in.

Hello ctviggen,

Hi Michel,

This appeared to work for a short time, where it said "negotiating keys" or something along those lines, then the browser (Opera) died. I retried using Explorer and the browser immediately died after attempting to login.

Is there anyway to login using the serial port and update/reset the software this way? I'd really like to change the time, because one of our lights comes on at 4am or so, and I think our baby sees the light under her door and thinks we're up. It's no fun getting up at 5am to put the baby back to sleep.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I do apologize for the inconvenience and a tardy reply. Yes, there is a way to update the firmware through the serial port. But, before doing so, please send us your URL and perhaps we could upgrade it remotely (support@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello ctviggen,

Hi Michel,

This appeared to work for a short time, where it said "negotiating keys" or something along those lines, then the browser (Opera) died. I retried using Explorer and the browser immediately died after attempting to login.

Is there anyway to login using the serial port and update/reset the software this way? I'd really like to change the time, because one of our lights comes on at 4am or so, and I think our baby sees the light under her door and thinks we're up. It's no fun getting up at 5am to put the baby back to sleep.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I do apologize for the inconvenience and a tardy reply. Yes, there is a way to update the firmware through the serial port. But, before doing so, please send us your URL and perhaps we could upgrade it remotely (support@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Don't worry abou the tardy reply, as I can only check here periodically. Could you tell me how to determine my URL? I can determine my external HTTP address, but how would you get past my firewall?

My router will allow me to do the following:

"The Virtual Server option allows you to define a single public port on your router for redirection to an internal LAN IP Address and Private LAN port if required. This feature is useful for hosting online services such as FTP or Web Servers."

Is this what I would use?

Thanks,

Bob

Hello Bob,

Before trying the Virtual Server option, please try File->Enable Internet Access. If this works, then you do not have to do anything manually.

If not, then YES, please use Virtual Server option as follows:

1. Find out what's your ISY's port number (My URL). If there are not ports, then use port 443

2. Create a Virtual Server for port 443 which points to your ISY's IP address

Please let me know.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Hi Bob,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Don't worry abou the tardy reply, as I can only check here periodically. Could you tell me how to determine my URL? I can determine my external HTTP address, but how would you get past my firewall?

My router will allow me to do the following:

"The Virtual Server option allows you to define a single public port on your router for redirection to an internal LAN IP Address and Private LAN port if required. This feature is useful for hosting online services such as FTP or Web Servers."

Is this what I would use?

Thanks,

Bob

• 2 months later...

Hi Michel,

I can do this, but my router requests an application name (http, ftp, etc.) which appears mapped to public and private ports. Let me know if you're available sometime next week or in January, and I'll see if I can get you to connect to me. I'd love to get this to work, since I haven't been able to login for a long, long time.

I can do this, but my router requests an application name (http, ftp, etc.) which appears mapped to public and private ports.

Those are the router's pre-defined applications. For port 443 you want to choose HTTPS (or it might be called SSL).

If it's not there, look for an option to define your own. Could be called "Custom Application" or "Custom Service" or something similar.

Hello ctviggen,

Please do call our tech support number and we'll be delighted to help you get it to work.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I can do this, but my router requests an application name (http, ftp, etc.) which appears mapped to public and private ports. Let me know if you're available sometime next week or in January, and I'll see if I can get you to connect to me. I'd love to get this to work, since I haven't been able to login for a long, long time.

Archived