Time is always 1 hour off

thedishking

Hello,

I have a question with regard to time.

I have NTP server enabled, and it is set to pool.ntp.org

I have it set to synchronize every 24 hours, and have both location and daylight savings time enabled.

Trouble is, my clock is always 1 hour behind (I am on central time, ISY shows mountain time).

I have synchronized with computer time many times, but it appears as though pool.ntp.org trumps this when enabled.

I really would like to keep the NTP server enabled.

Any thoughts as to why this may be an hour behind?

I am in Minneapolis, MN and not near a time zone boundary.

It is very annoying as my sunrise / sunset events, as well as timed events are all not triggering correctly.

Thank you for any advice on this!

Thank you for the tips.

Shortly after posting this, I did the upgrade to 4.2.5, and noticed the time was corrected.

I did a location select of Minneapolis, MN and have never used anything else.

I do believe there was a bug at some point; I have a 99 running now too, and with the same location select and time server settings, the time on it is correct.

I will keep an eye on it over the next few days now that I am on 4.2.5

Thank you for your help!

Quick update-

Last night I noticed my lights did not come on at the specified time, and sure enough, the time was an hour off again.

So, after taking your advice on "custom location" I had the ability to set offset to -5 (from default setting for of -6).

Question -

Is the daylight savings time setting not taking affect as it should?

Anyway, thank you for helping with the work around.

thedishking

Hello,

My location is Minneapolis, MN and daylight savings time is checked.

Something weird happened Saturday night.  I noticed my triggered events were running 1 hour early rather than 1 hour late, or on time.

So, I thought I'd go back to setting location based on choosing Minneapolis, MN, as well as changing time server from pool.ntp.org to time.nist.gov.

It has been working for 30+ hours with this setting.

The real question is do you have any idea why this may be off an hour?  I something getting corrupt somewhere and causing this?

Thank you for your help.

thedishking

Archived