Text messages not sending from ISY any longer

pyrorobert

So for the past year, my text notifications have been sending properly to our cell phones. Now all of a sudden, it is no longer sending any kind of text messages. I have checked my set up in the ISY and nothing has changed. I also tried sending myself an email to text through my email account and that worked properly. Under my email account, I will receive an email stating that my security system has been disarmed or armed and that the delivery of the email to text failed. I also tried sending test emails and those work properly, but the text messages will not go through. Just for the info, I have a DSC panel linked to my ISY with DSCLink and that all works properly. I can Arm and Disarm my system through Mobilinc, but with no notifications. Please any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello Michel,

The SMTP that I use is gmail's and it has been working fine before. I was always able to send a test email just fine, but my test text messages weren't working.

I did open a ticket with you guys and Steve answered me back. I originally had a static ip, but because it wasn't working, I selected automatic DHCP. I also selected used Default as Steve suggested. It does seem to be sending them now.

Now my question is why did this happen if it was happy before. When and how can I change it back to a Static IP to make sure my ISY doesn't change IP addresses? What does the "use Default" do to the system to make it work? I am kind of confused as to why this happened as I never changed anything. At this moment, I receive the emails from "alerts@universal devices.com".

Thank you again for your assistance,

Robert

Archived