ON-OFF module Acting strange

I've got a DB On-Off module (2635-222) running a small fan that seems to turn it's self on for no reason.   This morning it was running when I got up.   I opened my MobiLinc (which indicated that it was off despite it's running) and turned it off.   When I got to my computer I checked the ISY log and saw the command that it had been turned off via the WEB but there was no indication that it had ever been turned on.   Any ideas????

Do you know if it comes back On shortly after being turned Off or at random times?

Some inductive devices like a fan motor.  Can produce a voltage spike when turned Off. Sometimes this would turn a relay type Insteon module back On.

I've got a DB On-Off module (2635-222) running a small fan that seems to turn it's self on for no reason.   This morning it was running when I got up.   I opened my MobiLinc (which indicated that it was off despite it's running) and turned it off.   When I got to my computer I checked the ISY log and saw the command that it had been turned off via the WEB but there was no indication that it had ever been turned on.   Any ideas????

Can you clarify the last part unless its a typo?

Yes we where constantly seeing that in the X10 forums. The newer designed CFL Friendly ones where much better.

The 2456S3 ApplianceLincs did have Local Control Sensing.

The hardware V1.? defaulted to Local Control Sensing ON and it was controlled by adding an X10 Primary Address.

The hardware 4.? ones defaulted to Local Control Sensing Off and could be set with the set button enabled or disabled.

The hardware V4.15 and 4.20 didn't follow the Insteon power up to the same state it was in with a power restoration. They always powered up off even if they where on at power loss.

The sales page for the 2635-222 says it has Local Control {I think they mean the set button can toggle it} and no Load Sensing. It also does not do any X10. Like the older 2456S3's could.

Taken:   You referring to my WEB comment?   I used MobiLinc to turn it off.  The Log shows it as WEB for a user.  

I used to have the same issue of lights coming back on right after turning them off with some old X10 pieces but no longer have any X10.   This is the first time I've had a bad command go through on insteon that I'm aware of.  

No, I haven't noticed it coming on shortly after being turned off.  We did have some storms a few days ago with lightening but nothing last night.

I'll try the factory reset on it and see if that has any bearing.

Archived