Links keep getting completely delete on PLM....

sorka

I first had this happen to me last year right after I upgraded to the 994. I discovered that every few weeks or so my wireless devices would all stop working. If I did a PLM restore, it would fix it for a while.

I replaced the old PLM with a new dual band PLM. However, it started happening with that one too. I discovered that if I used the PLM links uploader menu on the ISY gui, when the wireless devices stopped working, the number of links was 0. It turns out I was just assuming it was the wireless devices because they would no longer send events. But it turns out nothing was sending events. I could still control hard wired devices through the ISY because the PLM will still respond to requests and send them on even if it doesn't have links. 

So now I've gone through 3 new PLMs all having the same problem. At seemingly random times, they essentially completely reset and have no links in the link table. I can't believe I've gotten 3 defective new dual band PLMs and now I doubt pretty much completely that the old PLM was bad as well.

This is a very serious problem for me because I'm using a variety of motion sensors and photobeams (tied to i/o links) to greatly enhance the security around my home and when this happens, all I have left is the alarm system. 

I originally upgraded to the 994 because I added some of the new wireless devices only supported by the new 994, but I'm at the point now where I feel I may have to dump the new devices and pull out the old 99i and go back. I never had problems in years of use with the old ISY like I'm having now.

If the old PLM is functional it can be used with the 994i.  I suspect it will have link record issues.  The newest PLMs do seem to have an issue with maintaining the link database, perhaps the power being supplied to the PLM is marginal in some way.   Would be an interesting test to go back to 3.3.10 with the newest PLMs.   I would expect 3.3.10 to have the same issues 4.2.5 is having as this does not look like an ISY release problem.  

If the old PLM is functional it can be used with the 994i.  I suspect it will have link record issues.  The newest PLMs do seem to have an issue with maintaining the link database, perhaps the power being supplied to the PLM is marginal in some way.   Would be an interesting test to go back to 3.3.10 with the newest PLMs.   I would expect 3.3.10 to have the same issues 4.2.5 is having as this does not look like an ISY release problem.  

Well that's unfortunate. I no longer have the old PLM. I still have the 99i. But I was convinced by folks on this forum in my previous thread last year that the old PLM was defective and that I needed to get a new one. 

Is there any chance we could get a time based auditing function in the ISY to check the links. i.e. say I want to check them twice a day or every 12 hours and the ISY execute a link read to see if there is at least one link. If not, then you get notified that there's a problem.

You misread my post. Check for at least one link. i.e. check that any links at all exist. Once you find the first link. Stop. Every time this problem has occurred it has wiped out all links, not just some. It won't take ten minutes to check for ONE link. That would be cheap and since this seems to be a wide spread issue, it would at least give some peace of mind to those suffering from this.

I'm still convinced the 994i is wiping out the links. This never occurred before going from the 99 to 994 and then it started happening all the time and on both old PLM and new PLMs.

Hi sorka,

What would ISY be auditing? Number of links? Also, while ISY is doing this (which might take 10 minutes or more), nothing else can run. Would that be OK?

With kind regards,
Michel

Hello sorka,

Thank you. As much as I want to share your conviction, above and beyond factory reset, there are no PLM commands that can wipe out all the links. And, factory reset is only done through File | Restore Modem or File | Delete Modem. The RS232 circuitry for 994 is identical to 99.

Has there been any other changes above and beyond migrating 99 to 994?

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived