PLM beeping at night

xlurkr

I just upgraded my old setup (99i w/ 2412S) to a 994/i with a 2413S.  After a few false starts, everything seems to be running mostly OK.  However, two nights in a row I have woken to the sound of the PLM beeping.  The first night it was a continuous pattern of 4 beeps, and I had to get up and push the button on the side of the PLM to make it stop.  Last night it seemed more random and stopped on its own eventually.  Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?  Is there a way to disable the beeping?

Some other info:  I have several wireless devices, RemoteLIncs and motion sensors mostly, though none have pending updates.  I also had two devices in the device tree that are missing.  Today I disabled immediate updates and battery-powered-device updates in the interface, and removed the missing devices, hoping that will help.  We'll see tonight, I guess.

-Tom

Xlurkr,

The beeper in the PLM is also imbedded in many INSTEON devices.  INSTEON has / had a diagnostic keypad that would beep when you put it in a certain mode.  I have also seen some of my switches go into flash on traffic mode by themselves.  This is a rare occurrence but it does happen.  Even though I have not seen this behavior with the PLM myself, it may be that it has turned on a hidden function of "beep on traffic".  Just a guess. 

I might consider doing a factory reset on it and then restore PLM.

Archived