ISY 94i vs PLM

Vince

Somehow, I got most of working again. The MorningLinc for my door lock didn't get restored so I deleted it to start fresh.  I plug in the address and select MorningLinc under device type but I get an error message saying it can't be added because it cannot determine the Insteon engine. Now what?

Have you tried using both methods to add the device?

OK, it shows up as a device, but I can't operate the door lock from the console. I can operate the lock from a RemoteLinc so I know the MorningLinc and the lock are talking.

Did you follow the WiKi LeeG provided and his ending comments?

With the MorningLinc and RemoteLinc communicating it indicates the MorningLinc was not reset before adding to the ISY.  That may be why the Restore Device does not work because the MorningLinc link data base is not correct.   Suggest Deleting the MorningLinc, doing a factory reset, and then follow the Wiki procedure again.   The MorningLinc has special link requirements for security reasons which make it sensitive to link procedures. 

Probably best to link the RemoteLinc and MorningLinc with the normal Admin Console function rather than using restore device.  

Archived