Hidden Door Sensor low battery program help

EricK

Hello,

I just upgraded to 4.2 which itself went flawlessly.  Although somehow I had a trojan java updater that downloaded a bunch of bloatware, adware.  System is fine although it has been at least 2 years since I did a fresh windows install and I have an extra SSD so maybe it is time.

What are the steps to remove and replace my hidden door sensors so I can use the low battery warning.  Do I need to completely remove the device then re-add it.  What are you guys using to send the warning.  Is it just a simple program like this .  

If low battery

Then send notification

Thanks,

Eric

You will need to be at firmware v4.2.3 or higher, recommend you just go right to v4.2.10. The Heartbeat and Low Battery nodes will appear after you re-add them. For the low battery notification can use something like this:

If
        Control 'Door Sensor - Low Battery' is switched On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Email' content 'LowBattery'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

With the above program the Hidden Door Sensor will notify you daily of a Low Battery condition until the battery is replaced.

I modeled my heartbeat detection similar to the ones belias created for the Leak Sensor heartbeat in this post here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/11566-leak-sensors-a-suggested-complete-program-package/?p=93722

~Mike

Had a little hiccup but the door sensor is working fine now. I posted here.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/11480-2845-222-hidden-door-sensor/

I did have the simple notification program, however, I dont need a message in the middle of the night that the battery is low, so I came up with this.  Does this look ok.  Should I disable the programs since I only need to get notified once. I may not get around to changing the battery for a few days.

Thanks,

E

If
        Control 'Basement Door.3 - Low Battery' is switched On
    And From     8:30:05AM
        To      10:30:05PM (same day)

Then
        Send Notification to 'Eric text' content 'Basement Door Low Battery'

Else
        Run Program 'Basement Door Low Battery Delay' (Then Path)

If
- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
Wait 12 hours

Else

@EricK, Twice a day, this will send you a low battery alert even when none exists.

At 8:30:05AM, the first program will trigger, and (assuming no low battery) will evaluate to 'False'. Else will run. This will run 'Then' of the second program, where a 12 hour delay is in place (8:30:05PM), then the notify happens - even without a low battery trigger.

At 10:30:05PM, 'Else' in the first program will run again, triggering another alert at 10:30:05AM.

MW,

Thanks, I stumbled with the else there.  Do I just need two programs.

If
    And From     8:30:05AM
        To      10:30:05PM (same day)

Then

Else
        None
If
    And From     10:30:10PM
        To      08:30:05AM (next day)

Then
       Wait 12 hours 

Else

How about this one program:

If
        Status 'Basement Door.3 - Low Battery' is  On

And (
             Time is 08:30:05AM
          Or Time is 10:30:10PM
        )

Then

Else

This will alert you at 8:30 and 10:30 each day while the low battery node is on until you replace the battery.

-Xathros

Hi Eric,

You could use set an integer variable to 1 (initialized to 0) when "Control 'Basement Door.3 - Low Battery' is switched On" is detected. A second program could check the value of the variable at a specific time of day you choose, then notify you if the variable=1. You would have to reset the variable to 0 after replacing the battery. Use a separate variable for each Door Sensor, this way you can identify the one sending the notification.

I just replaced the battery in one of my Door Sensors and tried to clear the 'On' state of the Low Battery node with a Query however that bug has not been fixed. See http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/11480-2845-222-hidden-door-sensor/?p=111876

posts 104 - 108. Therefore I still use Control rather than Status to detect a Low Battery condition.

The solution from Xathros above can also work as long as you put the sensor in linking mode and Query the device so it responds with the correct state after replacing the battery.

~Mike

Last night I did put a disable code line into my programs so at most I would get one notification with my programs. 

Mike, I had read about your issue in that thread.

Xathros, I think I will try using status as you suggested.  I did not think this would work with a battery powered device.  I will just set it to notify me once during the day.  I may add a disable program line since I don't need a daily reminder to change the battery in case it takes me a few days to get around to it.

Thank you guys.

Mike-

Does the Low Battery node not clear with the first open/close or heartbeat after battery replacement?

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

No, it does not clear after an open/close but still indicates On for a Low Battery condition. I do not believe it will clear evey after 24 hours since the Low Battery node is normally blank, after ISY boot, until a Low Battery condition. It never shows a status of Off.

~Mike

Here is my program:

If
        Status  'Basement / Basement Devices / Basement Door.3 - Low Battery' is On
    And Time is  2:30:05PM

Then

Else

For some reason my low battery was on.  I pulled it again, put it in linking mode, then hit query.  The low battery went to off.

Thanks for your help.

E

Archived