2845-222 Hidden Door Sensor

Brian H

I have a Hidden Door Sensor that only registers Opened and Closed devices.

I'm not running 4.2.5, how can I get the battery warning and heartbeat devices to show up? Do I need to remove and re-add the device?

Thanks.

Jeff

Adding and removing would be a good first step.

Teken . . .

Hi Jeff,

"Do I need to remove and re-add the device?"

You will need to be at firmware v4.2.3 or higher.

Yes, the Heartbeat and Low Battery nodes will appear after you re-add them.

~Mike

Just had my first Low Battery event with the Hidden Door Sensor. The Low Battery node switched On and triggered my program notifying me via Prowl. I replaced the battery and checked the old one, sure enough it read 1.22 volts on my DVM. I reinstalled the sensor and came back to the Admin Console fully expecting the Low Battery node to indicate Off.

Wrong! The ISY will continue to show a Low Battery-On condition until you do one of two things:

1. Reboot the ISY (in which case the current state of the Low Battery node will be blank)

2. Put the sensor in linking mode and Query the device so it responds with the correct state.

~Mike

Hi Michel,

You can also right mouse click on it and then choose Query to clear low bat.

That procedure does work for the Insteon Motion Sensor, however a Query of the Low Battery node (without placing it into linking mode) does not clear the Low Battery condition of this sensor. The status remains On in the Admin Console after the Query.

~Mike

A follow up on the Low Battery node. Out of curiosity I reinstalled the old battery in my sensor to see if it would send more than one Low Battery notification. Today I verified that the Low Battery node will repeatedly send an 'On' command until the battery is replaced. I just received a Low Battery notification, the previous one was 22 hours ago. I am not sure if this interval is based on the setting for the Heartbeat node. I set my Heartbeat to report every 21 hours.

Therefore a program similar to this will notify you until battery replacement.

If
       Control 'Door Sensor - Low Battery' is switched On

Then
       Resource 'LowBatteryNotification'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The ISY's status of the Low Battery node displaying On after battery change is now less of an issue. :wink:

~Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty adding some 2845-222 Door Sensors.

I purchased 3 door sensors and each time I try adding one, the initialization fails before it is able to be completed.

Here is what I'm doing:

I go into Link Management-> Link a Sensor -> Hidden Door Sensor. 

I hold down the linking key on the sensor until it beeps then click OK on the ISY dialog screen.  

I manually enter the device's address (xx.xx.xx) and a name for the sensor as prompted by ISY dialog.

I receive a variety of errors from ISY, but it is clear that the initialization process is not reaching 100%.  

One of the errors was:

"The following devices could not be added:  

xx.xx.xx (2845-222) Insteon Hidden Door Sensor v.43 

- Cannot determine device link table address"

I first tried the "Start Linking" process I normally use but that did nothing.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have firmware UD994 v.4.2.8

Thank you LeeG.

I have many dual band devices near the location.  After repeated failures with the first 2 units, I tried the 3rd unit and placed it approximately one foot within 3 dual band devices. That unit linked successfully within seconds.  I then repeated the exact same process with the other 2 units and continued to lose the connection while the link was being attempted. 

I can only conclude that I received 2 defective units out of 3.  I'll exchange with SmartHome and hopefully will have better success.

Regards.

I did try new batteries in each of the failing units to no avail.

I took the 2 units to Smarthome but they refused to exchange them because they were able to link them with their ISY device in the store.  They indicated it was most likely an issue related to ISY.

I then came home and placed one sensor on top of the ISY unit and was able to link it.  Unfortunately, testing the sensor by pressing the device only worked a few times before I received an error message stating that the connection was lost.

I have over 80 insteon devices in my home (switchlinc dimmers, keypads, etc.) and I stood right near several of them when testing, but the connection was lost.

Any recommended next steps/further troubleshooting is welcome.  The knowledge base of the forum folks is amazing, but I'll probably submit a problem ticket at this point since the issues may be specific to my system.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded my isy firmware to the latest release 4.2.10. I removed on of my door sensors then readded it. However when I tried to add the door open to my basement steps scene I lost communication with the device. I put it next to an access point and then my plm with no change. I removed the device again and this time reset it. Then readded with no additional problems.

E

I just installed the Insteon door sensor 2845-22.  It took a little while to realize I needed to upgrade the ISY firmware but once I did, it recognized and installed.  I want to use the sensor to turn on lights as we enter the house.  I had to change the option from one node to two nodes in order to allow the opened door to turn ON the lights but the closed door NOT to turn the lights OFF.  That is working smoothly.

Now the sensor works as initially intended, it is time for the fine tuning.  How do I keep the sensor from turning on the lights during the day?  I’d like the opened door to turn on the lights starting at dusk.  I tried adding a program but it appears that I cannot control the sensor with a program.  Any help would be appreciated.

Archived