Adding ELK to ISY, creating a program to flash lights when Elk is armed

TMR Rudy

Just added Elk module to ISY and wanted to create my first program.  

I have a remote added to Elk that allows me to arm and disarm the security system, as well as opening the garage overhead door.  

My program requirement is that when I arm Elk "away" mode through the remote, I need some type of notification that the house is actually armed.  I am usually in the car at the end of the driveway pressing the remote.  I would like ISY to work with Elk to flash the outside garage lights twice signalling that I have activated Elk arm away.

Looking for some suggestions.  Also please note this program will have to work with my existing program that turns on and off the outside garage lights after sunset until 11 p.m.   So if the outside lights are on, I still need the lights to flash and then return back to the outside night program.

Looking for some suggestions...thanking you in advance.

Rudy

I wrote a rule in Elk itself that chirps the outside sirens when armed away.

I used to have it flash the lights next to the garage, but found that to be unnecessary.  If you do that, and these same lights are supposed to be left on at night or during some certain hours of the day, then the last line of the program needs to call the program "if" clause that sets them in the first place.

If

elk is armed away

Then

set garage light to on

wait 1 sec

set garage light off

run program 'evening outdoor lighting' if

You can't chirp the sirens from ISY (that is one of the few features not included), so that is why I used an Elk rule.

Archived