Date Ranges in Programs; Load Sense control; Factory Reset

swbrains

My enhancement requests for the ISY:

1) Allow date ranges in programs and allow year to be "any year" so it can repeat every year.  The obvious usage is holiday decorations.  Right now, I have to go in and set a variable saying "Christmas Mode" is "1" to allow those programs to run conditionally during that time of year.  I'd prefer to say, "from Dec 1st to Dec 31st" execute these steps...

2) Outletlinc:  Add an option to enable or disable load-sensing from the ISY interface.  The current double/triple tap method at the device can be tricky to complete sometimes.

3) Factory Reset:  Add an option to do a factory reset on a device from the ISY interface.  I tried to do the quick five-tap method on an Outletlinc and it took a few tries as there are several sequential steps and they must be timed just right.  

Thanks for taking the time to consider my suggestions.

Regards,

Vinnie

"3) Factory Reset:  Add an option to do a factory reset on a device from the ISY interface.  I tried to do the quick five-tap method on an Outletlinc and it took a few tries as there are several sequential steps and they must be timed just right.  "

Unfortunately Insteon does not have a command to do a Factory Reset. 

Though the earlier hardware/firmware Insteon modules didn't have all the nice new features.

The simple hold the set button and apply power for a set time limit would do a Factory Reset. Not that fancy button push sequence or  follow the flow chart routine. :mrgreen:

Virtually all INSTEON devices still use the simple holding the set button while applying power for a factory reset.

Older modules use this powering up scheme. The newer plug-in modules come with a huge logic chart with many combinations of LED blink patterns to navigate a factory reset process.

This includes the LampLinc 2457D2 and the On-Off Module 2635-222 so far, the majority of some user's systems.

Well Stu.

If the hold set button at power up Factory Reset still works on the present modules. Smartlabs is keeping it a BIG secret. As the manuals only show the stupid flow chart way of doing it.

Same for the beacon communications tests. Again only the stupid flow chart method is shown.

IMHO. Smartlabs went backwards with the stupid flow chart. :roll:

1) Allow date ranges in programs and allow year to be "any year" so it can repeat every year. The obvious usage is holiday decorations. Right now, I have to go in and set a variable saying "Christmas Mode" is "1" to allow those programs to run conditionally during that time of year. I'd prefer to say, "from Dec 1st to Dec 31st" execute these steps...

Most of us use this set of functions: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Generic_Calendar_Using_Programs_and_Variables
  • 2 months later...

Though the earlier hardware/firmware Insteon modules didn't have all the nice new features.

The simple hold the set button and apply power for a set time limit would do a Factory Reset. Not that fancy button push sequence or  follow the flow chart routine. :mrgreen:

The hard part about the set button/restore power sequence is that it can require two people if the device is not within a few feet of the service panel, which is usually the case.  In my case, there was no way to hold down the OutletLinc's set button while turning the breaker on.

Well Stu.

If the hold set button at power up Factory Reset still works on the present modules. Smartlabs is keeping it a BIG secret. As the manuals only show the stupid flow chart way of doing it.

Same for the beacon communications tests. Again only the stupid flow chart method is shown.

IMHO. Smartlabs went backwards with the stupid flow chart. :roll:

I'm not sure I understood your frustration Sir!  :mrgreen:  LOL

I saw a post in the Insteon Forums. Where a new user bought a starter kit from Best Buy and could not get the Flow Chart Method to Factory Reset their 2457D Lamplinc. Same symptoms as my refurbished one I recently got.

My thoughts are new kit with older firmware modules though I believe the kit had the 2425-222 HUB II in it.

I posted the older set button power method but have not seen the results reported yet.

I saw a post in the Insteon Forums. Where a new user bought a starter kit from Best Buy and could not get the Flow Chart Method to Factory Reset their 2457D Lamplinc. Same symptoms as my refurbished one I recently got.

My thoughts are new kit with older firmware modules though I believe the kit had the 2425-222 HUB II in it.

I posted the older set button power method but have not seen the results reported yet.

Understood, I agree the new flow chart is not very intuitive to say the least. For the sake of trying ( I'm a technician ) routinely have to read flow charts, graphs, BSOD's, schematics, etc.

But the Insteon ones really left me scratching my head a few times!

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Archived