What would cause an event not to run?

MikeB

I have a scheduled event that causes my front door lights to turn on at sunset + 20 mins.

I noticed that it did not run tonight. The ISY-26 shows last run time last night at around 7:40pm.

Any way to find out why it didn't run?

I was programming my RemoteLincs around the time the event was supposed to run. Could this interfere with the event?

Thanks!

I had the same thing happen once. I set an experimental timer to run, forgot about it, and started a system restore or something that took a long time.

I only remembered when I went back in to do some more timed experiments an saw that the light never came on. My conclusion was that you can't be doing some of those system intensive functions at the exact time there is a timer set to go off.

MikeB and jbev,

Here's what happens:

Since ISY shows that the schedule was actually run, therefore I conclude that the message was sent out but due to a lot of network activity (programming your RL), the destination device(s) did not receive the message.

Is this a scene schedule or a device schedule?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel -

Is this correct? If so, would it be possible for these missed events to be queued to run later if the ISY-26 is busy?

MikeB,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. In that case, this is a BUG simply because the scheduler task has to run all the schedules in its queue.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hey Michel -

Thanks for the reply.

That's the thing - in my instance anyway, the ISY-26 showed that it had NOT run. It seemed to just skip over the scheduled event. The last time run was listed as the night before.

Thanks!

Archived