2474DWH lost connection

algod

Came home today, and my wife said she couldn't turn off the light (incandescent).  Sure enough the switchlinc's led was to the top and the load light was full on.  Pressing the on/off paddle did nothing.  My ISYs icon displayed 1011 no commo.  I air gapped the switch.  The ISY now displays a red exclamation mark beside the switch.  The switch now functions as a mechanical switch, in that it turns on and off, however the leds on the side of the switch do not display at all.  They do not run up and down the switch to indicate light level.  If I press the linking button I do get a green and one white led to display, but the ISY still cannot find the switch.  This is my second 2474 that has lasted about a month.  Is it dead, or can I get it linked to my ISY?

Thanks,

Al

The physical indications from the switch gives me concerns. It is certainly strange to me that you would have multiple failures so quickly. I would certainly be looking for any unusual conditions....high voltage....noisy devices....high loads.

My temptation would be to perform a factory reset on the switch. If the switch begins to behave normally after that, try a restore from the ISY.

The 2474DWH is the two wire style dimmer and uses RF only communications. So a good RF communications is needed between it and a Dual Band device.

Is the load between the minimum 25 watts and maximum 600 watts?

I to would try the Factory Reset as its controller maybe confused and not acting correctly.

Though the LED actions may indicate a hardware failure.

It's a 60wt incandescent bulb.  I've plugged a dual band on/off module beside the switch, which I've air gapped again.  I've attempted a restore from the ISY.  The switchlinc still displays a red exclamation mark beside it, and I still don't have any leds on the left side of the switch. 

Al

I would try a factory reset as Brian suggested above.  If that fails, it's time for a replacement.  I'm in a similar situation with one of my 2 wire dimmers.  This is the second failure I've had at this location with one of these.  In my case the load is a single fixture with 2 40W incandescent bulbs.  I'm rewiring and replacing with a micro dimmer and standard Switchlinc.  No more 2 wire for me.  They just don't seem to be very robust.

-Xathros

Archived