INSTEON Products Available at Select Walmart Stores Near You

paulbates

Hmmm. I installed the Walmart HA solution   :shock: 

INSTEON Connected Home Products Available at Select Walmart Stores Near You

INSTEON Brings Home Automation to the Masses as Holiday Shopping Gears Up

November 04, 2014

IRVINE, Calif. – INSTEON, creators of the world’s premier home automation and control technology, today announced that its connected home products and kits are now available in more than 1,500 Walmart stores across the nation, just in time for the holiday season.

The INSTEON products now available at Walmart stores include:

• - Starter Kit
  • - Assurance Kit
  • - Motion Sensor
  • - Dimmer Wall Switch
  • - Door/Window Sensor
  • - LED Bulb
  • - On/Off Module
  • - Leak Sensor
  • - Indoor Camera, White

“Our presence in Walmart stores marks the arrival of mainstream adoption of connected home devices,” said Joe Dada, CEO, INSTEON. “We are proud that INSTEON is leading the charge and are thrilled to see our products on Walmart shelves as we enter into the busiest shopping season of the year.”

The INSTEON family of 200-plus devices delivers on the promise of a connected home. INSTEON users can set up lighting scenes, schedule lights to automatically turn on and off, and monitor their homes via wireless cameras from any mobile device. INSTEON also offers a suite of sensors that allows users to receive instant notification alerts when doors and windows are opened, smoke and carbon monoxide is detected, or when there is a water leak in the home. INSTEON provides all of this and more via free apps for iOS, Android, and Windows devices with no monthly fees.

With its simple installation, instant setup process and trustworthy communication, INSTEON has become the industry’s premier remote control networking technology. By making every networked device talk to each other via radio frequencies and existing electrical wiring, INSTEON eliminates the need for custom wiring and ensures that every device is always connected.

In addition to their availability in select Walmart stores across the country, these and many more INSTEON products are available for online purchase at Walmart.com.

Great question. Same question for best buy. Walmart has amazing powers of negotiation. I could see the pricing being the same or close Smarthome's prices on Amazon. (?)

Given the limited set of products, they are probably trying to build a bridge to Smarthome for the more advanced items.

I guess we have to count our assets here. It says that HA, especially Insteon, are considered more mainstream. If they are able to spread Insteon's install base, it makes it more attractive, or at least harder to ignore, to/for solutions like apple home kit, google or amazon.

I'll take it.

Yeah I just got a chance to review that.

Walmart, what a fail!

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Seems Canuckistanis get a break this time on Insteon items. aartech.ca has better prices even in the depressed Canadian buck right now.  Good for us this time.

Archived