Controlling a gate opener and detecting a relay contact closure

Michaelco

I'm looking for Insteon devices to do two separate functions at an entrance gate.

The first is to allow a switch closure function for a gate operator, which will get triggered either via mobile device manually, or when a geofence rule has been met  Essentially looking to control contact to closure.  I believe the Insteon's Micro Open/Close 2444-222 device would do the job, but want to confirm before buying (possibly the wrong device).

The second area is to alert when a vehicle drives across the loops which are buried under the driveway. 

I have relay contacts which change state when the loop detector circuit is triggered  - I could handle a module that worked off of either dry contact closure, or senses low voltage change of state.  

I believe the I/O Linc 2450 would do the job, however would rather have a micro module that could tuck inside the enclosure.  Are there other choices that can be "wired in"?  Are there any Insteon devices (or compatible) that can provide audible alert when vehicle is detected? 

Archived