Large Number Of Factory Resets

smokegrub

Hi smokegrub-

I can say that I haven't.  I also have 2 ISY's in different locations, power sources and internet connections.

First, I don't believe the location or internet connection play into this at all.  Power if noisy or unstable could certainly cause issues with Insteon devices.  Can you describe in greater detail the failures and the need for a factory reset rather then a simple air gap restart of the devices?

-Xathros

I have ISYs at two separate locations. They have different souces of power and internet service. Recently, I have expreinced a significant increase in need for factory resets of ToggleLincs and KPLs at both locations. Have others experienced the same?

If you're talking about where the entire device appears to be none responsive to (local) physical control which requires the end user to perform an air gap.

I have seen this due to power fluctuations or where power drops out and comes back on in an extremely short time. Older KPL's have shown to come back up pulsing and cycling the load. Where others would make a terrible beep just after power was applied back to the device.

What are the years and hardware versions of these devices? 

One location has utterly stable power; the other has frequent short-term oiutages. Air gap rarely fixes the problem. Usually a factory reset is needed. The devices are between one and two years in age.

The remote location is a problem since I am there infrequently and thus unable to do the reset.

The reponses, or lack thereof, suggests that I am in a minority with this problem.

One location has utterly stable power; the other has frequent short-term oiutages. Air gap rarely fixes the problem. Usually a factory reset is needed. The devices are between one and two years in age.

The remote location is a problem since I am there infrequently and thus unable to do the reset.

The reponses, or lack thereof, suggests that I am in a minority with this problem.

I would probably ship back the one's under warranty and see what happens. If you see the same thing with the new replacements its safe to say there is a power issue.

For this very reason I am extremely keen on monitoring the power quality that comes into my home. Along with having systems in place to off set any potential surge / sags in line voltage from the POCO.

I currently have four different systems that monitor the line voltage and frequency to the home. For me this is more a hobby as I used to be in a similar field where monitoring the line voltage was critical to the end components that I managed.

Keep us all in the loop as to what you decide to do and what ends up happening. 

Thanks, Teken. I have enjoyed learning to use the ISY, but I still consider myself a novice. Help from this board has proven invaluable. Reliability of the Insteon products, in my experience, has been less than desirable, but the company quickly and relatively painlessly replaces defective products when within their warranty.

Archived