Android 5.0

oberkc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

We did a full investigation into Android 5 and what's happening with non-Pro ISY users as part of our 2.0.3 update. I've written up the results of our analysis as a NOTE on the 2.0.3 release topic here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/15291-mobilinc-android-203-is-now-available/

In summary, Google removed support for certain HTTPS ciphers. The cipher supported for non-Pro ISY units on firmware 4.2.18 (or Pro ISYs using a strength of LOW) is not a supported cipher under Android 5. See the note on the 2.0.3 topic for options.

Wes

• 1 month later...

Well found this tread after the Lollipop update was pushed to my phone and Mobilinc stopped working. Bit the bullet and upgraded to Pro and Mobilinc works again.  However it is PAINFULLY slow in responding.  Hope for a solution in the future.... any thoughts Michael??

Having gone through similar issues when 5.0 came out, I have come to u derstand that the slowness is related to different levels of security when establishing a connection from the outside world.

If yours is like mine, you will find the speed and response to mobilinc to be pretty good when connected via home wifi LAN. It is only when connected via cellular data or other connections outside your own network does the hightened security kick in and response slow down.

• 5 weeks later...

This looks fixed! I have been plagued with the same problems everyone has explained here. I did not have the Pro model and in order to get remote access restored I upgraded to it. Before I could get it installed my non pro ISY944i received a firmware upgrade to 4.2.30 and now my lollipop android phone has no trouble talking over HTTPS to my ISY over wifi or over cellular! 

Wahoo! Now, if I can only return the Pro unit I didn't turn out to need and couldn't exactly afford.

Archived