Energy Star

Michel Kohanim

Great news Bernhard! Nice to see some concrete evidence.

Since this thread emerged I have been paying more attention to our energy use and I have been readjusting scheduled events.

I have also begun replacing utility lights with compact fluorescents.

I don't have any hard evidence yet but because of this thread I hope have been making our home greener.

So I've got that going for me :)

Rand

Mike, they CFLs were on sale at Ace. GE 13/60W, 5 years. Non-dimmable. Workbench, laundry room, utility room. Light is good, color is good, instant on. I have to try them in the cold garage yet. I find these very satisfactory for these uses.

It's going to be really hard for me to give up incandescent in living areas, though I suppose my descendants will adapt 8)

Rand

It's going to be really hard for me to give up incandescent in living areas, though I suppose my descendants will adapt

I'm thinking your descendents probably won't be using CFL either!

I haven't really found any I like. I tried.

I ended up keeping some in closets, hallways, etc - but not main living areas. I do have a pair of 'bright white' ones in my garage that I actually like. I actually prefer the pure white light out there.

• 1 month later...

Bernhard,

Thanks so very much for sharing this information with us. It's indeed appreciated.

With kind regards,

Michel

The second month into my "Away Mode" and "Home Mode" programs running my natural gas bill is down 33%(!). That is huge! Year over year it was bit warmer this year but the difference is still remarkable.

Bernhard

Archived