2487S support dimming for ABCD with ISY

jim_

I understand the 2487S primary switch is ON - OFF, but can the ABCD buttons on it support dimming to other scenes when associated with the ISY ?

Also, is it possible to pair a 2477S with a 2477D (assuming the load is on the 2477D), will the 2477S support dimming via ISY ?

Yes and yes. Insteon On/Off devices can dim dimmers. Insteon dimmers can only turn an On/Off device on or off. Thus, the response depends on the characteristics of the responder regardless of the controller.

Perhaps I'm confused about the function of the secondary buttons on KeypadLinc ....

I just converted to Insteon and read somewhere that if a secondary button is linked to a dim-able switch, holding the secondary button will dim / raise the controlled switch. But now I cannot find that posting, nor does the manual suggest this function is supported ?

Anyone ?

That is correct, standard Insteon operation.  Also not limited to Secondary buttons.   The load control button will Dim/Brighten a linked Dimmer as well.

The KPL User Guide will likely provide that information since it is an Insteon capability having nothing to do with the ISY.

Also applies to SwitchLincs, ToggleLincs, etc since it is an Insteon capability.

Refer to page 8 of the current KeypadLinc Owners Manual (from Smarthome web site).   There are two charts covering what happens when a button is tapped and when button is pressed and held. 

Link - corrected to point to Owners Manual

http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2334-2xx.pdf

Is it possible to make 2 buttons on a 8 button KPL behave so that when 1 is pressed and turned on the other turns off and vise versa... I can do it through programming, but I am curious if it is possible through setup so a) the triggered program will happen faster B) the LED status lights on the KPL will update quicker and c) by controlling this behavior without a program it is stored in the KPL non volatile memory. Is this possible?

Yes.  Define an ISY Scene with the two KPL buttons as Controllers.  Click on the first Red node below the Scene name (button C for example) and set the On Level for the other KPL button (button D for example) to 0% On Level.   Click on the second Red node below Scene name (D for example) and set other button (C for example) to 0% On Level.

Pressing C will turn D Off, pressing D will turn C Off.

You're welcome.   The Scene does not change the commands issued when a button is pressed.  Pressing the button On sends an On command, pressing the same button again sends an Off command  with both buttons being Off.  If looking for an On/Off button combination you may want to use Buttons Toggle Mode function to set those two buttons into non-toggle On mode.  That does not affect what the Scene is doing with the button LEDs.   May not make a difference in your situation.

Archived