IRLinc

TheWabit

For some reason, I have been unable to find this answer. Not being able to find options to program actions from my universal remote prompted this question. Do I need to purchase the IR Module to be able to do this? I was able to get the 40 codes into my Harmony ok but the ISY programing has proven to be a challenge.

Thanks!

For some reason, I have been unable to find this answer. Not being able to find options to program actions from my universal remote prompted this question. Do I need to purchase the IR Module to be able to do this? I was able to get the 40 codes into my Harmony ok but the ISY programing has proven to be a challenge.

Thanks!

You will need both the hardware and software module to use the IR feature. If you look in the little hole on the right there would be a silver round thing.

Under the settings you would also have a IR tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not need the ISY IR module to use an Insteon IRLinc, neither for the transmitter nor the receiver. But, the is a special technique for adding either. Click on Link Management.

Follow up question - For some reason, this is not making sense to me. I have the ISY upstairs on the 2nd level. My home theatre stuff is on the main level. I have the IRLinc near the home theatre. Would an IR signal go through the IRLinc and hit the ISY through the network (insteon)? why would an IR hardware (receiver) need to be in a box (ISY) that wont have access to the IR signal?

Sorry - I am slow on this one.

Starting with the basics, do you have a 2411T or 2411R?

You want to send commands from KPL or RemoteLinc 2, for example, to have 2411? control your Home Theater devices with IR commands that equipment understands?

Or you want to send IR commands from the Harmony Remote to control the Home Theater equipment?

Or something else? 

The reason for going back to basics is the conflicts that currently exist.  The 40 default codes loaded into the Harmony Remote are RC5 IR codes associated with the ISY IR feature.  They do not apply to a 2411R which receives NEC IR codes.   The 2411T sends IR codes in response to received Insteon commands so the Harmony Remote is not involved at all.    

Need to understand what the objectives are so the right combination of equipment can be chosen.

Lee - It does appear I am mixing some things up. First - I do have the 2411R (but it does come with the credit card remote which would transmit). Second - I do not want to control any of the theatre equipment with the 2411R, my Harmony does what I need it to do with macro commands. So my objectives are to have a scene triggered after those macros run (Receiver, TV, etc is turned on and correct sources are chosen). I want to have it turn off the lights in the rooms that surround the room with the TV.  Thanks for the help!

Archived