$15 for Aeon Labs DSB09104-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Meter

blueman2

Can someone explain how to reset the total KWh?  Or is it possible to program that number to match my electric meter?

I have V1 and accuracy appears to be about 97%  - is that what others are seeing?

thanks, John.

Has anyone come up with a way to do this?  I too would like to "calibrate" to my meter.

I still have no idea how to reset the meter to match my house meter.  Seems to work accurately though.

If you are using homeassistant, I figured out how to do it via sensor templates.

At the time of writing the template, my HEM was showing a total kWh reading of 77 kWh.  My meter was showing 3126.  So I subtracted 77 from 3126 and now I add the difference to the sensors state and push it out with the new template under a new name.

Going forward is should be close to my meter reading, time will tell.

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      calibrated_kwh:
        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.aeotec_dsb09104_home_energy_meter_energy_3_0.state | int + 3049 }}'
        friendly_name: 'Calibrated to Meter Reading'
        unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a 3-pack of the Gen1 version from Amazon- they were cheap and I don't need the accuracy of the newer models.

They seem to work great, but I was under the impression that I could, via the ISY, view wattage/kWh of each individual clamp- not just the "HEM" as a whole. I had intended to use one meter for the main A/B legs coming into the panel, as well as use the other 2 meters to monitor 4 additional branch circuits, but that doesn't seem possible. It now looks like my 2 extra meters will only be good for 1 circuit each (since I can only get the sum total of both clamps from each meter- not individual readings).

Each meter shows up as only 2 nodes: 1/Multilevel Sensor (for battery level) and 143/Energy Meter (watts/kWh for entire meter). Is this the expected behavior for these devices when used with the ISY? According to documentation, the devices themselves certainly have the ability to report watts/kWh for clamps 1&2 individually.

Am I missing something, or is this an ISY limitation?

Thanks, Michel. That makes sense. I've not tried out any firmware newer than 4.5.4 yet...

Also, does the Electricity Module have any purpose/usefulness to someone without a "high-end" system like the GEM? Are there any components of it that can be used with data from only these Aeon meters?

• 4 weeks later...

Note for those on 5.04 and above, this device no longer works reliably and has lost the ability to do any parameter settings (e.g. voltage) for increased accuracy.  5.02 and below seemed to work just fine.  

The HEMv1 (which can be had for under $20 these days!!) is again working in 5.09!!!!!  Happy days!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: BuyDig now has these for only $14.99 !!!!!  I find that mine stays accurate to about 1% to 3% each month, as compared to what my electric company tells me I have used.  It is off because these do not measure voltage, only amperage.  You have to set voltage with a parameter (#1).  And since voltage will vary of time, this is why they are not 100% accurate.  But even the worse case 3% error is something I can live with for this cheap device!!!

Archived