Mobilinc not appearing on Location Services - PSA

Nestor

Hi, downloaded Mobilinc HD for my iPad Air and iPhone 5s last night and had an issue with location services locking up my iPhone. My resolution wasn't described in the Mobilinc site FAQ, so I'm posting it here.

My iPad doesn't have cellular, so geofencing and push notifications wasn't a concern for it, but it was for my iPhone. Following the instructions on the video tutorial for geofencing, Mobilinc would hang up everytime I tapped on Location Settings in the Settings section. I also noticed that Mobilinc app was missing in the Location Services in Apple iPhone Settings.

I had an IOS update pending for my iPhone, however, the IOS 8 update required so much space on my iPhone, I was putting it off until I could do it through iTunes. After the location services issue forced my hand, I updated my iPhone to the lastest IOS and am happy to report that Location Services has been accessed and enabled (if not yet fully tested). As a side benefit, the Today widgets, which also weren't appearing, are now accessible.

In summary, if anyone is having unexplained issues, make sure the device OS is up to date.

My two bits.

Archived