Need help programming 2477D for night and day

glynde

Hi,

I've followed the directions in this old thread. I have an ISY-994i running on v4.2.18 and a 2477D v 7.6.  I created a scene called "office cans" and put the switch (also named "office cans") into the scene as a controller.  My program adds a command to turn to lights just to I can see if the program is actually running.

If I turn the lights on either with the paddle or the administrative console during the time period, they still turn on to 100%. 

I've attached a snip of my program and my log showing the program running.  post-3221-0-19748300-1421520012_thumb.jpgISY-Events-Log.v4.2.18__Sat 2015.01.17 01.40.18 PM.txt

You will have to dig into this a bit.  Responder ON levels, with insteon, can be set based on who is the controller.  For example, the ON level for your cans can be set to 50% when controlled by the ISY and still be 100% when controlled by your paddle.  If you had a third controller, they could be an entirely different level still.

When you create the program action, choose "adjust scene", then choose your scene controller device.  In this case you want to choose the paddle, rather than the scene itself.  Then, responder device would be the office cans, as you already have them.

Your action should look something like:

in scene keypad paddles set office cans to 50%

First, change the Scene name to something other than the Controller device (Scene Office Cans, anything that is not the same as the device name).

The In Scene parameter can be the Controller device name or Scene name, setting different device configuration.  No way to tell how the ISY treated that parameter when the Scene and device have same name.

The Program will set the 50% value at 1:37 PM exactly.  If the Program was coded after that or not Saved before 1:37 PM the Program has not run True.  The posted image shows the Program has not run True.

The value that affects paddle press is different from value that affects the Scene Responder On Level.

In Scene 'controller device name' Set 'controller device name' 50%  

affects what happens when the On paddle is pressed.

In Scene 'scene name' Set 'controller device name' 50% 

affects what happens when the Scene is turned On

That is why the Scene name and device name cannot be the same

Then

In Scene 'controller device name' Set 'controller device name' 50%

In Scene 'scene name' Set 'controller device name' 50% 

Set Scene 'scene name' On

Else

In Scene 'controller device name' Set 'controller device name' 100%

In Scene 'scene name' Set 'controller device name' 100% 

Set Scene 'scene name' On

Archived