whats the version levels on switches mean?

raypanic

On my new 2476D switches it says REV 4.0 and in the ISY it shows V.33. Is there any reason for this? Is there a listing of Revision numbers fro Insteon devices and the changes to them? I am having many switch failures (paddle) most are Version 2.1 2.2 It would be nice to know witch one are old via software as in the ISY

I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know SwitchLinc Dimmers with the updated tact switches are marked v3.2 and higher. I also believe SwitchLinc Relays with the updated tact switch are marked v2.5 and higher.

The ISY is showing the firmware version #, which might not necessarily compare well with the marked version #. For example, my v3.1 and v3.2 SwitchLinc Dimmers both show firmware v.27 (per the ISY).

An updated hardware component might warrant a new sticker version #, but might not warrant updated firmware.

Hi raypanic,

ISY shows what the device returns for its version#. In most cases, this version number is NOT equal to the label put on the devices by SH.

With kind regards,

Michel

On my new 2476D switches it says REV 4.0 and in the ISY it shows V.33. Is there any reason for this? Is there a listing of Revision numbers fro Insteon devices and the changes to them? I am having many switch failures (paddle) most are Version 2.1 2.2 It would be nice to know witch one are old via software as in the ISY

Archived