Battery Write Icon - Last known state??

Teken

I wanted to know if the ISY is supposed to remember the last user selection for this option tab. I have seen various results when opening the Admin UI Console.

Specifically, I want to know if I turned it off and close the UI and open it back up should that tab be grayed out and disabled??

I have high lighted the box in red for those unsure what I speak of.

post-1970-0-04658600-1421850106_thumb.png

After closing the UI and then going back into the UI.

Mine is Greyed out and still disabled, but if you click on it it will be enabled again.

It is also greyed out in the File drop down menu.

The only time It automatically gets enabled on mine. Is if you reboot the ISY994i or during a firmware update.

After closing the UI and then going back into the UI.

Mine is Greyed out and still disabled, but if you click on it it will be enabled again.

It is also greyed out in the File drop down menu.

The only time It automatically gets enabled on mine. Is if you reboot the ISY994i or during a firmware update.

Brian,

That's it!

I had assumed the system would recall its last known state after a reboot. As always your insight and feed back is most appreciated and welcome!

I was trying to figure out why another persons controller always appeared to lose its state. I should have asked them what the hell they were doing over night.

They replied they have the ISY rebooted every night to ensure some unknown issue does not appear? 

Your Rock and you know it . . .

The battery devices I have are the motion sensor, leak sensor and hidden door sensor.  Every time I wanted to make a write to them (like link to a scene) it said I had to go press the button on them to put it in linking mode.  This is a hassle.  Does this button change that?  I ask because I don't see how I can 'write to battery devices all the time' if they need me to go and physically do something?

what am I missing?

Battery operated devices "sleep" when they are not being used in order to extend the battery life.  In order to write to them you have to wake them up by putting them in the linking mode.  Once you have them programmed you should rarely have a need to write to them.

You should only write to one battery operated device at a time by putting it into the linking mode then taking it out of linking before you put the next device into linking mode.

Image 4.2.22 added logic to send queued updates to a battery device when the device is activated such as a Motion Sensor sensing motion.  Gray the last Icon on a Pro model so the pending updates for a battery device are marked with a Gray 1011 Icon.

Do the changes to the battery device so the updates are pending.  Then activate the device.  It does not work on all devices on the Insteon network but is handy for those where it does work.

post-707-0-03624500-1422487358_thumb.jpg

post-707-0-83032500-1422487371_thumb.jpg

Lee, does that mean that a program like this won't work unless auto writing to battery powered devices is turned off?

If
        Control 'IN / Devices / IN Front Hall-Sensor' is switched On
     Or Control 'IN / Devices / IN Front Hall-Sensor' is switched Off

Then
        Set 'IN / Devices / IN Front Hall-Sensor' Write Device Updates

Archived