Insteon 2477D with ISY994i and 0% On Level

kaveh

I have a weird issue where if I set the on level of a 2477D dimmer to 1%, everything works as expected and when I go hit the on button the dimmer, it only moves to 1%.  However, if I set the on level of the dimmer to 0% in the ISY, then go to hit the on button on the dimmer, the dimmer goes full-on.  Is this a known issue?  Is there any way around this?

Refer to the device User Guide around pages 9-12 (depends on device firmware), regarding Resume Bright.  It can be set to honor the Local On Level setting or use the last On Level.   It sounds like it is configured to go to the last On Level.  This is set using the configuration steps in the User Guide. 

Refer to the device User Guide around pages 9-12 (depends on device firmware), regarding Resume Bright.  It can be set to honor the Local On Level setting or use the last On Level.   It sounds like it is configured to go to the last On Level.  This is set using the configuration steps in the User Guide. 

Are you double tapping the switch maybe?

No

I don't think this is it either.  As I said, if I set the switch's local ON level to 1% in the ISY controller, it will only turn it on to 1%.

Easy enough to find out.  Using a 1% Local On Level, double tap On paddle to go to 100% On.   Turn the SwitchLinc Off.   Single tap the On paddle, what On Level does the device go to.

What is the device firmware level?

It goes to the local on level, 1%.

v.41

Thanks.  I'll see if i have that level here to test.

Are you trying to prevent the On Paddle from working with a 0% On level?  As a Responder 0% On Level turns the device Off but I'm not sure the On paddle can be disabled that way.

Basically I'm using this dimmer as a controller to a scene.  The dimmer itself also controls a load (light).  I have a program set to turn the on-levels of this scene to a lower setting in the middle of the night (so when you get up you don't blind yourself with lights) and back up to the full setting during the day.

kaveh

Perhaps understanding why the On paddle should turn the SwitchLinc Off would help.  It seems setting the local load to 1% would have the same physical effect. 

The purpose is to adjust the on levels of the lights in a scene such that at night only certain lights in that scene get turned on.  1% still seems like it would try to power the light.  It'd be nice to keep it off.

kaveh

Jimbo is correct, as a Responder to a Scene it can be set to 0% On Level.   The Responder On Level is located in the Responder (A2) link record.  An ISY Program can issue a

Set Scene 'xxxxx' On

where Scene 'xxxxx' has the Responder On Level of 0%.

The device itself does not support a Local On Level of 0% which would effectively disable the function of the On Paddle.  SmartLabs has to consider how the device paddle should function without all this great automation or even with automation should someone press the device On paddle.

Archived