Lost communication to ALL motion sensors

max90034

I used to have 3-4 motion sensors around house and it worked fine for years. I recently installed additional 10 sensors (now total ~15) and had a problem. It worked first but then suddenly ISY994 lost communication to all sensors. Deleting sensors and linking them again one by one seems to help. But it was a pain. I have 100s of wired insteon devices installed so I assumed that I have very reliable network. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Any new electronic devices that maybe use a 915MHz RF signal?

Have you done the built in communications tests, from your Dual Band devices, to see if any are no longer communicating?

I had a hardware version 2.5 2443 Access Point go stupid. Until I did a power cycle reset.

How old is the 2413S PLM you are using?

Any new electronic devices that maybe use a 915MHz RF signal?

Have you done the built in communications tests, from your Dual Band devices, to see if any are no longer communicating?

I had a hardware version 2.5 2443 Access Point go stupid. Until I did a power cycle reset.

How old is the 2413S PLM you are using?

I do not think any new 915MHz devices were installed.

I am not sure how to test what you ask about dual band devices

PLM is probably couple of years old.

May be related question. My PLM location is probably pretty bad. It is inside rack cabinet plugged to power strip. However, it works with dual band devices. Am I right assuming that as soon as it communicates with dual band devices, they will "access" my wireless devices even if PLM itself cannot?

Thanks. 

To "test" dual band devices, press the set button four times very, very, very fast. The set LED will begin blinking and the device may start beeping. It that doesn't occur, then you pressed the set button too slowly. Once the device is place into broadcast mode, observe the set LEDs on other dual-band devices.

Is the "power strip" only a power strip or is it also a surge or other they of protector?

To "test" dual band devices, press the set button four times very, very, very fast. The set LED will begin blinking and the device may start beeping. It that doesn't occur, then you pressed the set button too slowly. Once the device is place into broadcast mode, observe the set LEDs on other dual-band devices.

Is the "power strip" only a power strip or is it also a surge or other they of protector?

It is a surge protector. However, I have 1 access point plugged right next to it to the same strip. And it has been working fine this way for few years...

RF is considerable less reliable that powerline signals. Thus, a signal from an RF device such as a Motion Sensor may easily reach the nearest dual-band device which will repeat the signal via both the powerline and RF. But, if the PLM is plugged into a surge suppressor, then the powerline signal won't reach it--at all.

Try plugging the PLM directly into a wall outlet.

Archived