Is there an insteon outdoor motion sensor?

Blackbird

Most standard motion lights will operate just fine with the new micro modules which has a 120 VAC sense lead. Dual bright units normally cause issues or don't work at all.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Most standard motion lights will operate just fine with the new micro modules which has a 120 VAC sense lead. Dual bright units normally cause issues or don't work at all.

So I connect the "standard" motion sensor into the I/O linc to receive power for the sensor and also connect to the I/O linc as if the I/O linc was a light?

I need weather proof

From the specs section on the page linked above:

Operating Temperature Range: Indoor / Outdoor, 0 to 120°F. Note: PIR reliability may vary with temperature

-Xathros

So I connect the "standard" motion sensor into the I/O linc to receive power for the sensor and also connect to the I/O linc as if the I/O linc was a light?

Not an IOLinc, A MicroOnOff module with Sense.

-Xathros

From the specs section on the page linked above:

Operating Temperature Range: Indoor / Outdoor, 0 to 120°F. Note: PIR reliability may vary with temperature

-Xathros

Not an IOLinc, A MicroOnOff module with Sense.

-Xathros

Im in Canada and it gets very cold and I also wonder if the insteon sensor is water resistant?

Any chance of sending me a link of the MicroOnOff module you recommend?

Thanks

I guess if others have used the insteon indoor motion sensor, outdoors and haven't had a problem then this would be my easiest solution.

I'm not sure how that would offer you any new lighting besides turning on an existing outdoor light fixture?

I'm not sure how that would offer you any new lighting besides turning on an existing outdoor light fixture?

All I want to do is have my existing 500w outdoor flood light, come on when I unter my drive way (by motion) as well as being able to turn on the light by remote or switch.  Currently I only have a standard motion sensor connected to the light and no manual on off.  Only reason I wanted to use the existing motion sensor was my worry that the insteon sensor would not be good exposed to the elements.

All I want to do is have my existing 500w outdoor flood light, come on when I unter my drive way (by motion) as well as being able to turn on the light by remote or switch. Currently I only have a standard motion sensor connected to the light and no manual on off

Than in that case assuming it's not dual bright you can install a micro relay on/off module to control and manage this Motion Light.

The micro is small enough to install within the JBOX.

Than in that case assuming it's not dual bright you can install a micro relay on/off module to control and manage this Motion Light.

And if you go that route, you won't ever need to go out in the rain or snow with a small Phillips screwdriver to replace a 9v battery in your sensor.

-Xathros

I don't think its a dual bright

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/heath-zenith-240-degree-replacement-motion-sensor-bronze/908404

And if you go that route, you won't ever need to go out in the rain or snow with a small Phillips screwdriver to replace a 9v battery in your sensor.

-Xathros

I would wire it with a 9volt power adapter

I don't think its a dual bright

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/heath-zenith-240-degree-replacement-motion-sensor-bronze/908404

I would wire it with a 9volt power adapter

I still think the micro module added to your existing sensor is a better solution.  Keep in mind, with the Insteon MS, you will still need an insteon relay switch of some type on the circuit to the light fixture.

-Xathros

Agreed, one is a one time install. The other is a endless futile attempt in maintenance and does not offer you direct control of the motion light. All it does is turn it on!

I still think the micro module added to your existing sensor is a better solution.  Keep in mind, with the Insteon MS, you will still need an insteon relay switch of some type on the circuit to the light fixture.

-Xathros

Well I was going to add an insteon light switch to that light

With the MicroModule, you get sensing and light control plus the setup is independent of the Insteon network and continues to work just like the standalone sensor in the event of Insteon network problems.  This solution also does not rely on any RF communications.

-Xathros

Agreed, one is a one time install. The other is a endless futile attempt in maintenance and does not offer you direct control of the motion light. All it does is turn it on!

Just so Im clear, you do recommend the micro on off and to my understanding (and its not much) , the micro on off connects directly to the wires on the motion sensor.  The micro on off activates the motion sensor to turn the light and off and the motion sensor still works normally turning the light on and off by motion.  Is this correct?  If so and I turn off the light remotely through the isy to the micro on off, does that stop the motion sensor from operating normally until I turn it back on?

With the MicroModule, you get sensing and light control plus the setup is independent of the Insteon network and continues to work just like the standalone sensor in the event of Insteon network problems.  This solution also does not rely on any RF communications.

-Xathros

If it doesn't rely on RF does the micro on off only transmit signals through the power line?

Archived