Outletlinc

jwarner964

Hi

Just tried to order some outletlin relays from smart home but they only have the one that both outlets can be switched, thoses are nice but if not needed kind of a rip off to have to buy them when only one switched is needed, 15 bucks extra

Hi

Just tried to order some outletlin relays from smart home but they only have the one that both outlets can be switched, thoses are nice but if not needed kind of a rip off to have to buy them when only one switched is needed, 15 bucks extra

I can tell you from a technical and user experience the new dual band, dual outlet is miles ahead in terms of quality and performance when compared to the single band, single outlet linc.

I realize you only need one controlled outlet but the reality is the single outlet linc was a piece of crap! You won't have any regrets besides a lighter wallet from buying one.

Trust me, the new one is very good and operates like a champ.

Your needs today could change tomorrow. I know when I first started, the single outlet was enough in every location. As time went on, I found that I started having needs for a second outlet at which point I would simply purchase an on/off module. Not to say that the same thing will definitely happen to you, but if it does, that 15 dollar cost just turned into a 35 dollar savings. With the new dual outlet, I have pulled out the older outlets and replaced them with newer ones.

1) There have been requests for each outlet to be separately controlled. Once again. SH responded.

2) The new On/Off Outlet is dual-band. The original OutletLinc was not. Adding RF, in and of itself, has a cost, thus an increase in price.

3) Nothing in particular. I just like making three points B)

1) There have been requests for each outlet to be separately controlled. Once again. SH responded.

2) The new On/Off Outlet is dual-band. The original OutletLinc was not. Adding RF, in and of itself, has a cost, thus an increase in price.

3) Nothing in particular. I just like making three points B)

That made me laugh!

On the technical side the newer unit offers many new firmware features not seen before on older units.

- Ability to turn on/off RF or Powerline

- Smart Hops

- Adjustable LED brightness / Turn off LED

- Blink on error

- Send message cleanup

- Independent load sense 

Archived