Program Membership?

zerop

Should this be a product request?  Is this already possible and I just don't know about it?

When I click on a device in the admin console it shows me all of its memberships (Controller for X and Responder to Y).

Is there something like this for programs?  Where one program is called for in another, such as in Program X it calls to Run (Then) Program Y.  With as many programs as I have now and several of them are called for in multiple programs it would be nice to easily find which other programs call for Program X, especially if I make a change to Program X.

not that I know of, but one can perform a search within all programs for specific scenes, devices, other programs, etc...

Really!?!  How do you do this search?

Edit to add:  Oh wait, do you mean by using the "Find"?  Ahh, I never really tried that.

Why is there a completely different website for this?  Isn't that the idea of the "Product Requests" section of this forum?

Well, yes.  The IdeaScale site is fairly new.  The product requests forum predates that by many years.  I think the IdeaScale format works better for tracking feature requests and the associated demand for each request and I suspect thats why UDI decided to go that route.  For what it's worth, it is somewhat integrated with the forums.  You will see it in the upper right of the forums home screen: http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php

-Xathros

Well, yes.  The IdeaScale site is fairly new.  The product requests forum predates that by many years.  I think the IdeaScale format works better for tracking feature requests and the associated demand for each request and I suspect thats why UDI decided to go that route.  For what it's worth, it is somewhat integrated with the forums.  You will see it in the upper right of the forums home screen: http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php

-Xathros

IdeaScale is a great idea (pun intended), glad to see UDI putting it to good use!  Now we all need to convince Wes (Mobilinc) to use it... 

Archived