Help with programming a 8 button Key Pad Dimmer to turn lights on AND off

smt556

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help programming a INSTEON 2334-222 Keypad Dimmer Switch (Dual-Band), 8-Button to turn lights on AND off.  

I have a 99i 256.

I can get the lights to turn on but off is proving to be a challenge.

I would like to designate a single switch to both functions. Click once to turn on and once more to turn off.

What am I missing?

Does anyone have an example?

Thanks

Steven

First, are you using a 99i or a 994i?  Would not think a 2334-222 would add to a 99i.

Is the Main-A button being used?  If so it should turn On/Off the load (what is connected to the Red wire).   Being able to turn On a load but not being able to turn it Off often indicates a noisy load, LED or CFL for example, that is not designed to Dim with a Keypad Dimmer. 

A single button to turn lights on and off is a natural, and most basic, function of a keypad button.  It sounds to me like a simple scene would work (and I would consider the optimum solution).  It is possible, however, that I don't fully understand what devices you are trying to "link" together.  I know that you have a keypad, and want to use "a single switch" to control a light.  Is the light connected to the keypad, or the "single switch", or another device?

If you have two or more devices, both (all) of which you want to control each other, simply create a single scene, with both (all) as controllers.

If, however, you have devices that turn on, but not off, you may be fighting comms issues as suggested by LeeG.  If so, this won't be solved programmatically or via scenes.

Archived