Notification Delays

MustangChris04

I have a few notifications setup to send an email to my cell phone as an SMS using Verizon's email to SMS method 9999999999@vtext.com.

These notifications are for events such as when my mailbox is opened, doorbell rung, alarm disarmed,etc. 

Sometimes these notification are received to my phone sometimes 20-30 seconds after they have actually happened, and at other times I get them within a few seconds of the event. 

Using my mail client, such as Outlook or gmail, when I sent a test email to the same address (9999999999@vtext.com) I receive the message my phone within 3-5 seconds. 

I am using the default SMTP settings in the ISY. Has anybody experienced random/inconsistent delays in notifications?

Thanks!

I have a few notifications setup to send an email to my cell phone as an SMS using Verizon's email to SMS method 9999999999@vtext.com.

These notifications are for events such as when my mailbox is opened, doorbell rung, alarm disarmed,etc. 

Sometimes these notification are received to my phone sometimes 20-30 seconds after they have actually happened, and at other times I get them within a few seconds of the event. 

Using my mail client, such as Outlook or gmail, when I sent a test email to the same address (9999999999@vtext.com) I receive the message my phone within 3-5 seconds. 

I am using the default SMTP settings in the ISY. Has anybody experienced random/inconsistent delays in notifications?

Thanks!

My notifications are sent to my cell via email and on occasion show up 20 to 30 minutes late, a copy is also sent to my desktop computer which always arrives on time. I'm using push email on my cell. I've tried using different ISP's to send the mail yet I get the same results. I've been unable to track down the reason for the delay, except for the possibility of a less than stellar push service.

I too see delays when sending notifications via SMS/MMS to my AT&T cell. I have tested sending to both my MMS and Email simultaneously and find that the email arrives in the usual 5-15 seconds and the MMS can at times be just as quick but can often be delayed for many minutes.  I have moved all critical notifications to Prowl and have been much happier with the performance there.

-Xathros

My experience with notifications routed by one ISP (Suddenlink ) to another ISP (Cox) are invariably slow, ranging from 5-30 minutes! Notifications originating within Cox and delivered to my Cox account range from seconds to a few minutes. Motion activated photos always take several minutes.

I started using Pushover for push notifications using the email gateway and it has worked quite well but there is still sometimes a delay from the ISY. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the API to include images.

Does anybody know of a push notification application that supports including images?

Pushover can send a url. That can be useful for 'sending' an image. Pushbullet can send files that will download - not what I wanted. Notifymyandroid let's you send html - so that may help as well.

Pushover can send a url. That can be useful for 'sending' an image. Pushbullet can send files that will download - not what I wanted. Notifymyandroid let's you send html - so that may help as well.

To send files that can be downloaded with Pushover, is that just a URL to my server where the image is located, or can it actually be embedded in the message? Their FAQ only shows the support of a few HTML tags for text formatting.

I like being able to see the image without clicking on the hyperlink, which is why MMS has been great (except for the delay, or if I'm out of the country I don't get it) I also want to remove as much overhead as possible by not having to save the images. Currently, as soon as I send the MMS, the picture is delved from my server.

Archived