ISY supported alternatives to wireless W800/DS10A's?

jhimmel

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

New to this forum, I would like to revive the thread on the RFXCOM device, this would really be a big plus for the ISY, I just think most users have no idea what its potential is. The RFXCOM device essentially connects almost any RF devices to a home automations system, ie. like the ISY. So if you have Oregon weather stuff or a non ELK security system like Visonic that have RF devices, then RFXCOM probably can pickup their signals and make them available to a systems like ISY.

Here is an example, I use Visonic RF door security sensors to pickup a solenoid closures on my heating system(note: I'm using them in a non Visonic manner), I just want them to transmit the solenoid closure via RF so the the RFXCOM can pick them up and make availble to my home automation system, even better have ISY pick them up for processing.

Anyway, I vote to purchase an ISY addon for RXFCOM, and I'm sure others will when they see the potential, ie. if you build it them will come, it's just such a great mashup that will extend ISY to new heights.

thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so very much for your feedback.

I do also see a potential for this device. This said, however, the main issue is that ISY has to know the exact property of each device/type. For instance, a security system has commands and events that ISY has to know before hand. It cannot just act on any random event.

So, in essence, we have to come up with device classes that ISY supports before doing anything else with external devices. Of course, this is on our requirements list alas at a low priority.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived